Finding it hard to reach my calorie goal

BlondieBride
BlondieBride Posts: 63 Member
I am used to eating 1400ish calories a day. I am now aiming to eat 1700-1800 but I am having trouble reaching that goal. How can I add extra calories easily without eating bad food?

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Its easy... dont eat bad food...

eat healthy food: up your vegetables, up your proteins, try incorporating protein smoothies... enjoy some avocado on a salad, peanutbutter goes great with celery and carrots for a perfect balanced snack.

Right now, Im diving into a Spiced Pumpkin Protein smoothie and Im really wishing I made more but will need to be patient and wait until I go home! LOL

Its easy to do, you just cant allow yourself to stress over it....
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    A good idea is to add some people from here to your friends list and look at everyone's diaries. You can see what others are eating/drinking to get their calories up there.

It's not hard to do...it only seems that way right now but just by tweaking a few small things you can add several hundred calories.

Really, you are just trying to add 300-400 more calories than you are used to. Switch to full fat versions of things, then you are eating the same amounts of food but they have more cals.

A handful of almonds is a few hundred calories, a glass of chocolate milk after a workout is a couple hundred, greek yogurt, peanut butter on a banana or an apple, protein bar is 200 cals, add peanut butter to your oatmeal or smoothie.

I do have at least one treat each day but the rest of my food is pretty healthy.