Exercise

crystal8208
crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
Okay, I followed instruction and watched some youtube vids this morning. I went up on my cals to 2100 and if I go over a bit I'm not panicking. I'm trying to hit that. Now, what should I be doing exercise wise? I know I should be lifting, but how much? How often? And I adore Zumba but should I stop doing that and concentrate on lifting? I haven't seen much on the videos about what kinds of exercise other than weights. ??????????? :huh:

Oh and by the way, I weighed this morning and I'm officially less than 10 pounds down from my starting weight. (Started at 233 this morning was 224.2) :grumble: . I was down to 15 lost at one point. How long does the gain last? :ohwell:

Edited to add lowest I got was 219.2 somewhere in June.

Replies

• Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    There is no reason you still cant do your Zumba. We arent saying eliminate cardio.... its more to Limit it.. Too often women, especially get on the cardio train and think that they have to do it every day as hard as they can.. But in reality you only need a small amount.. If you love Zumba, then do it:)

Lifting is a personal choice and there are a ton of programs out there. If you have access to a gym see if you can schedule a meeting with a personal trainer to set you up on a program. if you work from home and have space, you might want to invest in soem weights and start a home gym. There are a ton of videos for home use that are highly recommended.
    If you like reading, I recommend The New Rules Of Lifting for Women - Lou Schuler as a great beginners start. Great information, great weight training program to get you started.

As for the gains.. you have to just let go. There is no set amount that one will gain back.. If you are eating at TDEE, you will gain for a bit and then you are looking to plateau and hold steady.. If you are at your Cut and the scale isnt budging after 4-6 weeks then you may want to consider a diet break, or a metabolism reset.
  • crystal8208
    I have NROL4W on the kindle. (that was a mistake...) I will need to buy it again in book form so I can write on it! LOL! I'm hoping to not do a reset since I've not been in the low area in 6 months. I've been hovering around 1600-1900 since around May. So I've upped to 2100. So hopefully after a few weeks that will help. Now, I've been off my routine for Zumba. So should I eat and not exercise for a while then add Zumba back in or do both this week? (Zumba is tonight)
  • glwerth
    glwerth Posts: 335 Member
    I have NROL4W on the kindle. (that was a mistake...) I will need to buy it again in book form so I can write on it! LOL! I'm hoping to not do a reset since I've not been in the low area in 6 months. I've been hovering around 1600-1900 since around May. So I've upped to 2100. So hopefully after a few weeks that will help. Now, I've been off my routine for Zumba. So should I eat and not exercise for a while then add Zumba back in or do both this week? (Zumba is tonight)

I ordered it in book form because I do know how poorly books with graphics translate on Kindle. Though, I haven't tried any of them on my Fire, might be better there.

I've got a Zumba for Wii, but haven't tried it yet. So, it's fun?
  • crystal8208

I ordered it in book form because I do know how poorly books with graphics translate on Kindle. Though, I haven't tried any of them on my Fire, might be better there.

I've got a Zumba for Wii, but haven't tried it yet. So, it's fun?

I have Zumba for wii and I go to traditional classes. The wii version is fun (especially if you have issues with dancing in public). I am an ex show choir girl, so dancing in front of people doesn't bother me. :glasses: For me, I miss the energy of the group dance. And my instructor for the live class is AMAZING!!! (Yes, the instructor makes a huge difference). So it is fun, but the classes are better. I quit faster with the wii game because I don't have the energy of the classmates to keep me pumped. In my class when I start to get tired, I look around and see all these other girls grinning like goofballs and having a blast. That makes me smile too so I get re-energized.

So, final say, if you have access to a live class and are comfortable dancing with other, I would recommend that over the wii, but if not (on either account) the wii is fun too. :wink: