So....

Options
chrisdavey
chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
Who is going to be first to try?

I've got a few ideas which I think could work pretty well :smile:

And anyone else done any speed eating before? (I've done a 10 Maccas snack wrap challenge & a most weetbix in 5mins challenge)

Replies

• PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Hi, no I never did such, but sounds cool.
    Maybe you could post us the rules here ?
    I was a bit confused regarding the K levels, since I don't track potassium
    cheers :-)

edit : just saw there are rules, on it!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I've eaten a 5lb burrito and around 3-4lbs of hot dogs and fries, burrito took 48 min, hot dogs and fries took 14:54
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I had a 16" 5 lb calzone in 30 mins....my greatest accomplishment. Stand by for picture!

305254_102105919894315_5855565_n-1.jpg
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    some of my reccommendations would be :

Large Papa Johns Pizza (1 or 2 toppings)
    Taco Bell giant box. Whatever the thing is with 10 tacos.
    5 mcdoubles, 5 fries.

Stuff like that. I'm in for this.
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    I've eaten a 5lb burrito and around 3-4lbs of hot dogs and fries, burrito took 48 min, hot dogs and fries took 14:54

Holy crap! That's some volume.

And yeah the potassium thing was just so that people picked at least some foods that would be considered "clean" since we are on a health and fitness site. Shouldn't be hard to get to 1000mg at all :smile:

I think I should be right to give this a crack tomorrow night. Got to get to the top of a leaderboard for a group that I created at least for a little while :tongue:
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    some of my reccommendations would be :

Large Papa Johns Pizza (1 or 2 toppings)
    Taco Bell giant box. Whatever the thing is with 10 tacos.
    5 mcdoubles, 5 fries.

Stuff like that. I'm in for this.

50g max fat remember :) That's just so that there is a decent volume of food. (not just 1/2 a tub of peanut butter!)
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    ...and then there was In and Out....

1.jpg

Picture is cut off
    but 6 burgers and 3 double doubles....
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    WOW!!!! That's some food alright.
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    oh yeah, I did the chilli ramen challenge in LA that the dude from Man vs Food did in 24mins. I finished in 17mins :smile:

About 2L of chill all up!

487256_10151087010925923_839791197_n.jpg

582204_10151087011095923_1733004015_n.jpg
  • BiscuitsNDavy
    BiscuitsNDavy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    1lb pasta + 1 jar of sauce in 20minutes.
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    All the big hitters are up in this thread!

American guys, we dont have Taco Bell or a lot of your McDs menu over here
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Ate these and a 1lb bag of fries for a local food challenge, became the fastest person ever to complete it, just under 15 min
    (USA Homewrecker - Peppers, Onions, Mustard, Ketchup, Jalapenos, Chili, Shredded Cheddar, Cole Slaw, Tomatoes

Blazing Homewrecker - Baked Beans, Kaboom Sauce, Red Pepper Relish, Spicy Mustard, Jalapenos, Sport Peppers, Onions, Fried Egg)

2012-05-19%252014.21.54.jpg
    2012-05-19%252015.24.53.jpg
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Oh, this is gonna be fun :drinker:
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options

50g max fat remember :) That's just so that there is a decent volume of food. (not just 1/2 a tub of peanut butter!)

I made my post before I saw the rules thread :/

I'm all for a decent volume of food, but all the good stuff has lots of fat :p
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I downed a papa johns large pizza and 2 liter of sprite once. It hurt to breath when I was done. Hell it hurt to walk,talk, or anything that required me to move.
  • bruintamer
    bruintamer Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Wow you boys are hardcore! Haha. Chris! I'm gonna attempt that spicy ramen challenge again this weekend. Going in hungry this time. Grrrrrrrrrr, I will not be defeated!
  • VMarkV
    VMarkV Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Rules, shmools... I could easy inhale a block of cheese with a bottle of wine but I guess I will just have to cheat and make "solid" chocolate out of coconut oil...50g limit for fat just need to work out how much cacao powder can actually dissolve in said amount with applied heat for better dissolution...math work still needed. I love "cheating" with my powers of chemistry!
  • VMarkV
    VMarkV Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Damnit! Just thinking, IIFYM screws me over on my original plan - too much fat...I will have to cheat with some kind of calorically dense liquid that can be frozen solid, but would probably be dismissed as cheating anyways...damn loopholes
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    Wow you boys are hardcore! Haha. Chris! I'm gonna attempt that spicy ramen challenge again this weekend. Going in hungry this time. Grrrrrrrrrr, I will not be defeated!

Good luck! You can do it! I don't think you'd meet the 50g fat limit on that big bowl as I'm pretty sure they put in half a bottle of chilli oil :tongue: Otherwise, that would be eligible but I don't think I'd pick a chilli food by choice.

VmarkV: I like the creativity.

I've got my shiznit sorted. This will be happening in t minus 11hrs.

ACG: LOL at the homewrecker! That is SOLID intake.
  • bruintamer
    bruintamer Posts: 183 Member
    Options

Good luck! You can do it! I don't think you'd meet the 50g fat limit on that big bowl as I'm pretty sure they put in half a bottle of chilli oil :tongue: Otherwise, that would be eligible but I don't think I'd pick a chilli food by choice.

Lol. I don't think I could do what you boys are doing. 1200 is just a little less than my entire daily intake! I just want my photo on the wall of bravery next to yours. I like turtles too!