meggyh20 Posts: 116
    Options
    Okay, as promised (I'm getting really brave here), here are my pictures:

May 9 - 198 lbs

2665835960050918684S500x500Q85.jpg

July 9 - 190 lbs

2689506760050918684S500x500Q85.jpg

2058416420050918684S500x500Q85.jpg

Forgive the poor photo quality and my dirty mirrors. :)
  • MeganKate24
    MeganKate24 Posts: 110
    Options
    Great results everyone!

I've made a bit of a mess on my first week on cut - I've pretty much done the following -

Sun - 1900
    Mon - 2700 ?? (approx)
    Tues - 1950
    Wed - 2050
    Thurs - 2500

So not very balanced!

Decided 2,000 (10% cut) is my aim so have increased my diary a little.

I will stick to it!!!

Now I just need to decide how often to WI - hate the scales dictating life to me but also nervous about removing them!

I've so far stablized at 10st this week (weighed exactly this same this morning as what I did on Sunday morning).

Considering I've prob balanced at TDEE I'm happy with that. Reinforces I think that I don't need to do a 'reset'. (I hope!!)
  • mrs_dwr
    mrs_dwr Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    *raises hand* I didn't do the reset. I was never on a VLCD in the first place, so I didn't see the need.

I lost 3 pounds over a 3 month period when I was eating 1600-1700 cals/day. Then I started EM2WL and started eating 1975-2000 cals/day. In these 3 months since EM2WL, I've lost 7 pounds and 2 pant sizes. I'd say that's a success! Oh, and 2 weeks in there I did a diet break, so it actually kind of works out to 7 pounds in 2.5 months.
  • MeganKate24
    Options
    *raises hand* I didn't do the reset. I was never on a VLCD in the first place, so I didn't see the need.

I lost 3 pounds over a 3 month period when I was eating 1600-1700 cals/day. Then I started EM2WL and started eating 1975-2000 cals/day. In these 3 months since EM2WL, I've lost 7 pounds and 2 pant sizes. I'd say that's a success! Oh, and 2 weeks in there I did a diet break, so it actually kind of works out to 7 pounds in 2.5 months.

Thats fantastic!!!!

Such encouraging posts on here.

Thankgod for EMTWL!
  • knowak82
    knowak82 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm bumping this because there have been some people looking around the message boards for some success storys from people who went right into the cut instead of doing a reset...hopefully this can help others who are doubting the process at the moment! :flowerforyou:
  • MeganKate24
    Options
    I wonder if it can be made into a sticky? I would post more on here if it was more easy to find! x
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my cut now, I think i got the figures wrong before and was actually eating near TDEE than I realised. So on my cut now and averaging 1750 a day. Will keep going for a while. Staying away from scales until next week and will see if it works for me. I haven't been on a VLCD for a long time so didn't feed the need to cut
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I wonder if it can be made into a sticky? I would post more on here if it was more easy to find! x

The before/after photos and the NSV's and weigh in/measurement are the current success story pages for this group :)
  • kimberly2504
    kimberly2504 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    How's everyone doing?

I'm at about day 6 after starting, my cut goal of 2045. I'm still working on getting used to the higher calories and how to pace it through the day. Some days I load too early and am surprised to be short, some days I feel the need to stuff my mouth after dinner because I'm 500 calories too low! It's harder than it seems trying to get used to the pattern naturally. I did have a loss the last few days, of about .5 lbs. I also just bought a fitbit so I'm really excited to see how that compares to my calculations!

I hope everyone is doing great!
  • nsalerno90
    nsalerno90 Posts: 68
    Options
    I love this -- I just started this two weeks ago and am eating at 1900 per day, not eating back exercise and have set myself at moderate activity. I am not doing enough strength training yet but am aiming for 3x per week. I have lost an inch off my waist and hips but no pounds yet. Never really was a low calorie dieter but have metabolism and thyroid issues and dieting wasn't working. I also had no energy and since beginning this I feel so much better. Love this thread. . . anyone know how to bookmark this so I can find it again?
  • mrs_dwr
    mrs_dwr Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    . . . anyone know how to bookmark this so I can find it again?

You just did. :wink: Now that you've commented on the thread, you can go to "My Topics" at the top of the screen and find it, if it remains in the top 25 that you comment on.