So supportive...

Options
My Fiance has been so supportive during this whole process, and is even trying to work out with me and tone up himself..even though he could eat a whole horse and not gain any weight... Has your thin man been supportive of you?

Replies

• JessePaige90
    JessePaige90 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    He tries but he doesn't have to lose weight and doesn't think I have to either. He'll offer to work out with me or to fix my bike so we can bike together but he somehow never gets around to it. I don't know what his problem is. I know we have different ideas of what working out is since he trained for the military and is now getting ready to become a cop, he needs to train and meet crazy physical requirements so maybe that's why working out with me is on the back burner. My household period is not a diet friendly place to be. My mother in law knows I'm trying to lose weight but she still buys all this junk for Eric and I even though we have asked her to stop buying that stuff for us. I have said over and over again that I would do my own grocery shopping but she always seems to beat me to it. Between a husband who has a crazy metabolism and overweight in laws who just don't care I often feel like there's no support. Especially with my mother in law pretty much actively trying to sabotage me. I have gotten to the point of not caring about her feelings or the **** and garbage she buys going to waste and just pretending it's not there and doing just what I said I would do and buy my own groceries. Hopefully she'll get a clue and stop buying junk for us or at least only buy enough for Eric. I know this is her house and she likes the idea of taking care of her household but can't two grown adults do their own damn grocery shopping? I have told Eric over and over how I feel about this and have asked him to say something to his mother since she won't listen to me and at first he'll totally agree with me and will even say he's sick of the same stuff around the house all the time but then he doesn't say anything or do anything and encourages me to appease his mom. No! I love my mother in law but I will no be controlled, especially not with food. When she first met me I was thin and vegetarian and she accommodated me when I wasn't even living here or engaged to Eric. When I gained weight and started trying to lose it she never took it seriously. It's like she wants me to be fat like her. Lately I have kept my feelings to myself and not said or done anything. I have just made excuses not to start my diet or go workout and now I'm more unhappy than ever. This is one of many reasons Eric and I need to move out. I have even considered separating from him and staying with my dad and stepmom for a while, they have a totally opposite household but that's a little extreme and it's not Eric's fault, he's never had to lose weight and his overweight parents have never cared about their weight. I just need to stop caring about their feelings and do what I need to do.