Figuring your net with a Fitbit

Daphnemomof9
Daphnemomof9 Posts: 113 Member
I really burned a lot of calories today and was wondering if anyone has figured out some kind of calculation for figuring out what you net when you use a fitbit to determine your daily burn. The process seems to be eluding me. Please help!

Replies

• Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    I really burned a lot of calories today and was wondering if anyone has figured out some kind of calculation for figuring out what you net when you use a fitbit to determine your daily burn. The process seems to be eluding me. Please help!
    I track my exercises with a HRM, and the rest of the day with the FitBit. This way I know what I am netting
  • Daphnemomof9
    I did track my exercise with an HRM and burned 1700 calories. So what do I do with that number?
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    What I am doing right now is just looking at my burn on fitbit and I have it set up to show me how many calories I can eat based on my previous activity to lose 1lb per week (500 calorie deficit).

On the dashboard it will then tell you how many calories to eat. Then I eat that much.
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    What I am doing right now is just looking at my burn on fitbit and I have it set up to show me how many calories I can eat based on my previous activity to lose 1lb per week (500 calorie deficit).

On the dashboard it will then tell you how many calories to eat. Then I eat that much.

..HeidiHoMom - is it working? are you noticing losses per week? i'm thinkin about getting a FtiBit
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member

..HeidiHoMom - is it working? are you noticing losses per week? i'm thinkin about getting a FtiBit

I've only had it for 2 days....so I'll let you know on monday if I have a loss this week!
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member

I've only had it for 2 days....so I'll let you know on monday if I have a loss this week!

sounds great - good luck! :-)
  • Daphnemomof9

Thanks for the input. That sounds like a possible plan, so I inputted the info and it told me I could eat 3373 calories today. That's more than when I ate at TDEE by 500 cals and I'm doing a cut now. I don't really want to eat that much, I just want to know how much to eat so I won't be under my BMR for the day. This is obviously a super high burn day. I cleaned out a very dirty section of our barn. :happy: