confused on how many calories to eat

Options
I did the "equation" for how many calories I should be consuming and I came up with 1600 calories. My question is, since i'm using MFP and they figure in your exercise calories, should I ONLY eat 1600 calories or should I still eat back my exercise calories while doing Insanity? Any help on this would be great....thanks!!

Replies

• poomash
    poomash Posts: 20
    Options
    I believe you should only eat 1600 cals, and not eat back the exercise calories. The nutrition guide does not suggest anything like that. But I may be wrong!
  • delyn356
    delyn356 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I think the equation that the nutrition guide gives you is already including your activity, so I think you eat only 1600? Unless you have a really really high burn, I don't think you're supposed to eat back exercise calories.
  • fitmum2be
    fitmum2be Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    The easiest way would be to see how it works for you if your losing weight and inches then stick with it but if your gaining or not getting anywhere eat more. Just find out what works for your body as each of us are different.
    E.G My base is 1200 calories and then i gain between 400-600 through exercise so had to increase what I ate (mainly protein) to boost my weight loss as to not put my body into starvation mode.
  • SharYoung0831
    Options
    I usually eat my excersize calories, but if I don't I'm STARVING I have lost 2 inches, and over 2% body fat sinc eI started, so I must be doing something right! I do a lot of protein, and I REALLY like the muscle milk!