Level 2 - likes and/or dislikes

Options
BrenB150
BrenB150 Posts: 132 Member
For most of us that just started level 2 or those already on level 2 what do you like and or don't like? I am not a fan of chair squats with a v raise, I have to use lighter weights for those ones...

Replies

• 1nt2Lose
    1nt2Lose Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on not liking those v raises. I struggled with the last exercise in level 1 which I think worked the same muscle.

Does cool down, knowing that I am done for the day and one day closer to day 30, count as a like? ;) If not, I'll go for the first two sets of abs. By the third I am done with planks!
  • mscrumbyy
    mscrumbyy Posts: 116
    Options
    I much prefer the cardio on this level, aside from the skipping because my arms just don't do that :laugh:
    I'm not keen on all the planks though, I hope they get easier.
  • BrenB150
    BrenB150 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Each move will get easier, just keep pushing play and pushing yourself!! We will make it through together!
  • newdayhasbegun
    newdayhasbegun Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Fun topic!

What I like about level 2:

- clearly more challenging than level 1. Even if you don't lose weight or inches, you know your body has gotten stronger and more physically fit. That is a big victory.

- core attacked with practically every move. As my abs are weak, I can feel them all the time. For example, the one leg military press. I feel my abs working to hold up my body. The planks help too.

- cardio here is more fun

- love ab move holding weights and reverse legs from side to side

- though planks are difficult, I know they work many different areas at once

- I am glad I am doing this with all of you. I am not disciplined enough to do this consistently without checking in. Hopefully, my discipline will increase.

What I don't like about level 2:

- I almost wish ab sections were longer

- I wish I could follow Natalie, but I am Anita all the way.

Keep going, everyone. I know doing each move to the best of our ability is making us stronger. Way to go.
  • VickiG36
    VickiG36 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    HATE HATE HATE THE V RAISES!

I like the ski jumper move (not sure what it's really called).
  • johngirl
    johngirl Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I hate the chair squat with the V raises! I love the ab portions of the workout. I could really feel the burn when I did the double crunch.
  • Shelleybonz
    Shelleybonz Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hmmm I like that I know I will be stronger when I move to level 3. I like the cardio of level 2, but with everyone else I hate the V's! Not a huge fan of the pendulum lunges. My knees creek and cry every time I have to go backwards :/
  • mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I hate when Jillian says during the last cardio , you should feel like you are going to DIE! lol
  • txsgirlK
    txsgirlK Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I am loving level two for the most part! Cardio is more fun and seems a little easier, except for the double jump rope. I'm doing single but on this level I don't seem to need to stop to rest at all!

The planks, I am doing the "easier" version...however I was doing a lot of planks in another workout I was doing at the beginning of the year and so they don't seem that hard to me now. It's really my knees that bother me is why I'm doing the easier versions.

The V squats (I think thats what she called them) I HATE those! The middle of my back is so sore!!

You girls are all awesome!! Keep up the good work!!
  • bright_and_shiny
    Options
    I hate when Jillian says during the last cardio , you should feel like you are going to DIE! lol
    I reply "only just NOW?" - L2 is still very challenging for me!

I hate the V raises too!
  • LuvSteno
    LuvSteno Posts: 24
    Options
    I hate the planks! I cannot do the walk-out position and have to get on my knees to start... for now. I love the skating move. Today was my first day on Level 2 and I pray I can make another day :laugh: Much more difficult for me, but worth it.
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one disliking the chair squat V raises. They wouldn't be so bad if there weren't so many of them - it seems to go on forever.

I'm still hating plank, but my upper body strength is getting better, so I'm hating them less. I think my form is really bad (butt high in the air! LOL!), so I'm not sure that I'm getting the total benefit of the exercises, but they're working my heart and abs. I can finally do the walkout pushups, but I'm just holding my my plank position.

I actually quite like the pendulum lunges, most of the abs work and the oblique twists.

I'm mostly following Anita -- Natalie keeps having to take breaks because she's going too fast. I dislike when the camera is on her because she throws my rhythm off!
  • mandy031383
    mandy031383 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I like it for the most part especially becuase I can feel it more in my core which is my weakest area. But, there is a lot more jumping around and my knees don't like it :(. I have started wrapping them both when I work out which seems to easy it a little. Besides that I do like it though. I also notice my endurance creaping up which is great :)
  • JamesterCK
    JamesterCK Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I hate the V raises too! Easily the hardest part of the workout. Most of it I like though and definitely loving how different it is from level 1!