I love MFP because....

Options
This is such a beautiful website. Above everything, when I reflect upon why I love this website I think of two reasons:

I love MFP because it gives me the control that I had lost and so desperately wanted back.

and two, because it makes me feel normal, and makes me feel supported. I honestly thought I was the only emotional eater in the world and that my binges signaled that something was terribly wrong with me. To know that others struggle with the same thing...it is priceless, this feeling of community.

What are the reasons you love MFP?

Replies

• BabaluluOR
    Options
    It has taught me to be aware of my nutrition not just calories! To see how all those bites & tastes add up to more than I imagined& to be accountable to myself! Making me realize that just because I exercise I still need to watch & control my food intake!
  • bjf232
    bjf232 Posts: 8
    Options
    I totally agree with what you've said--I had NO idea how many calories I was consuming on a normal basis just through snacking throughout the day. These snacks really add up! Now I am accountable for everything I eat, and because of this the effects of my exercise are so much more noticeable! To know that I now have the "formula and tools" to achieve the body I want is so empowering!
  • Antonia2501
    Antonia2501 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I love map cause I have found people who are just like me. No longer alone and constantly learning this website has done wonders for me. I love the amazing support and tools we have to succeed.