Its been more than 2 months, not losing weight

Hello All,
I joined MFP in May, its July now and I have only lost one pound. Now I weigh 90 kgs. I am 23 years old female, and height 5.4 ft.
I wanted to lose around 2 pounds per week so MFP suggested 1200 calories, I NEVER cheated that count, I always ate healthy 1210 calories, with all portion sizes in mind. I exercised till I was no more able to move and ate back all my calories to net 1200. Yesterday, I reached the limit where I cried thinking weight loss isn’t for me. I can’t do it ;( .I ate more than 3000 calories yesterday ;(. I feel horrible now.
I posted lots of questions on yahoo answers, some people said there that I have done a horrible thing to eat less than my BMR which is around 1700. I just found this group here on MFP. Joined it and now posting…. hoping to get some help.

Thanks All for listening to me …

Regards

Replies

• Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Hello to the group.
    First of all-please take a deep breath. You can and you will lose the weight.
    But you have to have in mind, that this journey is not a quick fix or a fad diet. It is a long term commitment and a change for the rest of your life.
    Yeah, 1200 is for sure not enough. You need to fuel your body and give enough food, so your body will willingly let go of the too much. Therefore our philosophy is to eat enough to fuel your body and not to let it think it is a famine, but less than your TDEE, whcih is the amount you would eat to maintain your weight.
    So you need to calculate your TDEE first. Once you have that number, you can depending on your history either go straight to your cut of TDEE-10 or 15%, or, if you have been on low cals for a long time, you should consider to do a reset, which is eating at TDEE for 6-8 weeks, before dropping to your cut value.
    Exercise will help the progress, especially weight lifting, since muscle will revv up your metabolism and will help to burn fat.

I hope that helps for the beginning.
    Also please read through the stickies,there is a lot of valuable information there.
    If you need more help, please let us know
  • Hello to the group.
    But you have to have in mind, that this journey is not a quick fix or a fad diet. It is a long term commitment and a change for the rest of your life.
    Yeah, 1200 is for sure not enough. You need to fuel your body and give enough food, so your body will willingly let go of the too much. Therefore our philosophy is to eat enough to fuel your body and not to let it think it is a famine, but less than your TDEE, whcih is the amount you would eat to maintain your weight.
    So you need to calculate your TDEE first. Once you have that number, you can depending on your history either go straight to your cut of TDEE-10 or 15%, or, if you have been on low cals for a long time, you should consider to do a reset, which is eating at TDEE for 6-8 weeks, before dropping to your cut value.
    Exercise will help the progress, especially weight lifting, since muscle will revv up your metabolism and will help to burn fat.

Also please read through the stickies,there is a lot of valuable information there.

Thanks Alot Noor:).
    I have been on diet for 2.5 months, so is it too long? Should i do a total TDEE reset? Or A bit less will be okay?
    my TDEE is 2332. which is too much.... I wont be able to reach it unless i eat unhealthy :(
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Hello to the group.

I have been on diet for 2.5 months, so is it too long? Should i do a total TDEE reset? Or A bit less will be okay?
    my TDEE is 2332. which is too much.... I wont be able to reach it unless i eat unhealthy :(

Of course you can reach it :). Eat avocados, oily fish, take a big protein shake, eat a big handful of yummy nuts. There are plenty of healthy calorie filled foods you can bulk up your calories with.
  • Hello to the group.

Of course you can reach it :). Eat avocados, oily fish, take a big protein shake, eat a big handful of yummy nuts. There are plenty of healthy calorie filled foods you can bulk up your calories with.

Ill try doing that thanks:)
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Great advice right there! :)
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    If you are having a hard time thinking of ideas of things to eat you can always become friends with people on here and check out their diaries, or view people who have public diaries to get ideas.

I eat things like nuts, full fat dairy, greek yogurt, meat, cheese etc.