SUMMER CHALLENGE.....WEEK 3 CHALLENGE!!!

Options
fitmom_pam1976
fitmom_pam1976 Posts: 1,192 Member
With this week's challenge, I want to put each one of you in charge of CHALLENGING yourselves!!!!

Pick ONE thing that you need to change in your diet and/or exercise and COMMIT the making that change. Post on this thread what that ONE thing is and how you will be working to accomplish it. (you can pick one for diet and one for exercise if you wish) It can be as simple as eating more veggies, or NOT comsuming sugars. It can be something like exercise daily for 30 min.....or do NOT watch TV for more than 1 hour a day! Whatever it is that you need to do to better yourself! I am excited to hear everyone's input on this challenge!!!

Have a GREAT week!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pam :)

Replies

• fitmom_pam1976
    Options
    Oh boy....I have a LONG list of things I NEED to change...BUT let's take one step at a time. For this challenge I have choosen to COMMIT to not eating carbs past 2pm. This has helped me in the past to stay focused. I will make sure that I have my carbs for breakfast and lunch. And for my exercise I have chosen to COMMIT to my 100 crunches per day! I know that when I do these daily I feel and see a difference!!!! I will make sure to get this is in the morning so I have no excuses for NO time.

Good Luck to everyone!!!!!!

Pam :)
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I am going to plan food better. I think of that saying "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail". It is easy to stray from calorie goals if meals are not planned ahead. It is too tempting to eat out when you are tired with no meal plan!
  • WendyCollinson2004
    WendyCollinson2004 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm going to both a fitness and food challenge. My fitness goal is to rest my knee the whole week, by not running. It is absolutely driving me insane not being able to run, so I hope next week I will be able to run more than 2 miles @ a time. I am also going to try to balance on a bosu (sp?), today my trainer had me do squats on those and oh goodness I think I did 5 because the rest of the time I was trying to balance.
    I choose for my food challenge a few different things. I'm going to try not to eat after supper, this will be hard because I got into the habit of doing that again. Another will be to not eat any candy bars.
  • fitmom_pam1976
    Options
    I am going to plan food better. I think of that saying "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail". It is easy to stray from calorie goals if meals are not planned ahead. It is too tempting to eat out when you are tired with no meal plan!

I completely agree with you! When I plan my meals ahead of time I do so much better!!! Good Luck!!!
  • fitmom_pam1976
    Options
    I'm going to both a fitness and food challenge. My fitness goal is to rest my knee the whole week, by not running. It is absolutely driving me insane not being able to run, so I hope next week I will be able to run more than 2 miles @ a time. I am also going to try to balance on a bosu (sp?), today my trainer had me do squats on those and oh goodness I think I did 5 because the rest of the time I was trying to balance.
    I choose for my food challenge a few different things. I'm going to try not to eat after supper, this will be hard because I got into the habit of doing that again. Another will be to not eat any candy bars.

I also have a hard time not eating after supper! I used to drink tea and that would help.....BUT with this heat....I am not in the mood to drink tea. I guess I should try to drink more water. Good Luck Wendy!

PS. I hope your knee feels better soon!!!
  • fitmom_pam1976
    Options
    Doing great with the crunches...NEED to try harder on the carbs!!!!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    my challenge this week will be to be more consistent with exercise, instead of killing it one day and then not doing much the next I will do some form of exercise for at least 45 mins a day.......and I will work harder in getting in my water and watching my sodium, I usually do really good with the water but the last couple weeks I havent done as well you would think with the 100+ degree days that we have been having getting in water would be easy....
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Grrrr.... I'm struggling with the meal planning.:noway:
    I'm working on it. I think it will be important in the future to use my weekends to plan. Also, to have some slow cooker meals handy and to have at least a few meals in the freezer. Today I worked my usual 10 hours, hurried to the Dr. For my son's allergy shots and then rushed to the hospital to spend time with a loved one who is very I'll. I ended up picking ip some takeout so we could have dinner by 9pm. No excuses... Have to make sure I plan better!!!
  • carrielynn62
    carrielynn62 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    i have been swimming 1-2 hours a day or playing in the water with family[not floting playing ball] i have also been drinking 9-12 8oz. glasses of water each day. food has been hard though. I will be home for the next 10 days so I can do better on calorie count. Have a great week everyone!