Halfway through - progress photos

Options
Febgirl
Febgirl Posts: 68 Member
Hi everyone,

I was going to post these on the main board but was a bit shy, and besides, figured they would be more appreciated here with others who are doing NROLFW. I'm up to workout 3 of Stage 4B so about halfway through the programme.

The first pic was about 1 week before I started NROL4W - as you can see I carry my weight around my hips/thighs!! There is less than 15 pounds difference between the photos (I'm 5'8, 35 and have had 2 children in the last 4 years), however, I'm down 2 dress sizes (from US size 12 to 8) and almost all of it has come from my waist/butt/thighs. I know you can't spot reduce but this is the next best thing - got to love deadlifts and squats!

I absolutely love NROL4W and recommend it to everyone I know who is wanting to lose weight, it's just a pity most keep saying they want to lose the weight first and then look to tone up...

FebJuly.jpg

Replies

• Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results so far...is that a pencil skirt you're rockin?
    WoOtWoOtWoOtWoOtWoOt:wink:
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Beautiful figure!
  • Rielyn
    Rielyn Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    WOW!! You look FANTASTIC!! I hope I have similar results. You shouldn't be shy about posting on the main forum, maybe it would convince more ladies to start lifting heavy!! :)
  • TeslaJoule
    TeslaJoule Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Holy WOW! You look great! Way to go!
  • loricolwill
    loricolwill Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Nice job!

For those of us struggling with seeing a smaller number on the scale, could you tell us...are you eating at a calorie deficit? If so, how much? Also, are you doing anything on your days "off" like additional cardio? Or are you following the plan as written?

Inquiring minds want to know! :laugh:

Again, awesome results!
  • theginnyray
    theginnyray Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    You look phenomenal!
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Awesome pictures, and I agree it's a shame so many women seem to want to lose the pounds with cardio first, and THEN add weights.
  • Febgirl
    Febgirl Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Aww, thanks everyone.

I am not following the calorie recommendations in the book as I had around 14kg/30 pounds to lose when I first started. I accept the trade off is that I won't be building muscle but I'm naturally quite muscular so I want to maintain what I've got while I lose the pounds and body fat - it seems to be working as I'm seeing nice definition in my arms and stomach, and the scales are going down. On lifting days I eat around 1500 calories, give or take, and a few hundred less than that on non-lifting days. I generally have one evening a week where I don't worry about what I eat, drink wine, have chocolate etc. I'm also listening to my body - some days I'm absolutely ravenous so I make sure I eat more (good, clean food), other days I couldn't really care less about food so it's easy to stick to calorie levels. That's probably one of the biggest things I've learnt, getting in tune with my body and learning to trust that my body knows what it requires.

I play tennis for 2 hours and take some sort of gym class once a week in addition to lifting 3x week. I've still got a way to go but I'm heading in the right direction!

I am noticing in the last week or so that I'm getting pretty tired during the workouts, so are going to play around with the calories and make sure I eat some high protein before a session.
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    That's awesome and inspiring! I'm about 1/2 way through stage 1 so I have a ways to go but I am also LOVING it! I was one of those who thought I'd lose the weight first then tone but now i get that that doesn't make sense, not for me. I have a long way to go but I'm already liking the results I can see. Thanks for the post!
  • anashar
    anashar Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You look amazing - congratulations! I just started lifting but I can't decide whether to commit to NROL4W. This might just do it!
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    You look great, congrats! I have taken a similar approach as you have with the program.

And I agree that it's a shame that most people who have a lot to lose want to do it through cardio and calorie restriction first before they "tone up" later, although I can see it's the tempting way to go. I myself started with about 90lbs to lose, and starting NROL4W in April has only gotten me at losing 30lbs in 7 months of trying, which isn't bad but can be hard to take when you see people losing twice as much in the same time frame, from the same starting point. BUT I am fitting into old clothes that I used to only fit when I weighed a good 30lbs less than my current weight! and seeing the benefits in the mirror if not on the scale is enough to keep going.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Thanks for posting! Love seeing progress photos from those of you who are in later stages.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Amazing results! And not just in your lower half. I see your collar bone in the new pic too! it's working!!

FYI, I'm 60 and halfway through Stage 1 and am down 1 pants size - I've lost not 1 single pound and I'm not really trying to lose any weight right now. I didn't up calories but I do eat back all my exercise calories.
  • natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    That is great work! I am loving the program as well. I can feel my body getting stronger and tighter.
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Girls cant what? Lift... ?? oh ya we can!! Go Girl :)
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, very well done. Your figure is amazing!
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Amazing! And we're almost at the same spot! I finished my 4th Stage 4 workout yesterday :)
  • justgin1
    justgin1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! You can really see the difference in your hips.