Snacks

Options
I'm new to this, and I am very curious as to what everyone's favorite snacks are?! :)

Replies

• Tann19
    Tann19 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    ahh snacks, my favorite meal of the day. Mostly I have fruits, cheese, greek yogurt, homemade trail-mix, and low calorie jello
  • Sigmatam
    Sigmatam Posts: 5
    Options
    Kellogs Special K 90 Cal bars (or the 100 calorie crisps), Jello, low cal string cheese, and smart pop popcorn (it's filling and you have very few calories
  • athompson333
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks so much! So far I've had greek yogurt (which apparently I need to do the low-cal/low-fat kind), pistachios, sliced meat and cheese... But always looking for other ideas! :)
  • BlueJean4114
    BlueJean4114 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Popcorn is good, lots of crunch, takes a while to eat it all.

also carrotts, small amt of raisens, celery.
    Measuring out a small enough amount of low-fat, low-calorie calorie veggie dip,
    and sitting down with a big plate of veggies, like slices of green pepper, can taste good.

Salsa isn't too high calorie, if you make or get some corn tortilla chips and measure them out so you don't eat whole bag. Sometimes eating spicey foods seems to help me feel satisfied, all that flavor you know?

and yeah, yogurt, i like YoPlait Yogurt Whips.<
    NOt the lowest calorie yogurt of all, but wow, the Key Lime Pie yogurt whip is to die for. I don't like most yogurt,
    but i LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE YoPlait Yogurt Whips. You can freeze them too, and pretend it's ice cream. Its about 70 calories, though...... but, i don't feel hungry after i eat one. Also very good for your digestive tract. If constipation is a concern, yogurt takes care of that.

another thing, is, pour out a bowl of a lower calorie cereal, and eat them like chips from a bowl,
    with no milk, as if they are potato chips.

also, sometimes, when i get munchies, i just take the dog for a walk if i already ate enough that day.
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    You can also make parfaits w/your greek yogurt & some granola. I like Fage plain (0% fat or 2%) sweetened w/stevia in the raw (but you can use whatever sweetner you like or get the already flavroed ones) & real vanilla beans (or extract) frozen peaches thawed & chopped or fresh berries & Natures Path Pumpkin Flax granola (but you can choose another brand that you like as well) layer in whatever order you prefer...mmmm :tongue:
  • lexiliz0531
    Options
    hummus and carrots. thats my favorite!
  • bethfarquhar1
    Options
    Hummus and carrots get a big tick from me too.
    Another favourite of mine is feta stuffed olives, they are quite satisfying, only need 2.
  • dpv0922
    dpv0922 Posts: 2
    Options
    I love Kale chips. Just cut up fresh kale, spray with pam and sprinkle w/ salt. Bake for about 10 mins or until crisp. Great alternative to potato chips!
  • BlueJean4114
    BlueJean4114 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I love Kale chips. Just cut up fresh kale, spray with pam and sprinkle w/ salt. Bake for about 10 mins or until crisp. Great alternative to potato chips!

THAT sounds wonderful!! and lots of vitamin A and C for the snack, too. i like salty crunchy snacks better than sweet ones, really.

do you actually spray the kale leaves themselves,
    or the cookie sheet? with the Pam spray?