7-20-2012 TGIF Mad Hatters

Options
13»

Replies

• Huntress52
    Huntress52 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hang in there Lesley, I so feel your pain!. remember that little you gain could simply be water retention.. I started a multi viatimin and it has helped with water retention and I'm feeling alittle better.. Dont give up..We wont let you :)
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    this group is so funny!:laugh:

Lesley - stary strong!:smile:

Merobi - looking for bail money:glasses:

Snoozie - just sayin! you are the glue that binds - thank you for starting this group!:flowerforyou:

Monday is almost here! Love & hate the weekends! :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • bisland
    bisland Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Mad Hatters Island with Snooozie as our mayor. What fun we would have. Where do I buy a ticket?
  • hairsprayhon
    hairsprayhon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I second the nomination of Snoozie for mayor.
    Lesley it is good to see that you seem to be to the other side of your rough patch! It is so heartening to see the outpouring of support, we all know that there will be weeks when we are dismayed at a gain on the scale. The key is not to avoid ever having such a week, things happen, the key to our future healthy fit lives is what we do in response to that gain. We need to follow Lesley's path and reach out for support. Grabbing onto that support we will then be able to accept what happened that week, forgive ourselves and move forward returning to healthier choices! Thanks in advance for being here when my rough week happens.
    On Sundays part of me starts worrying about the Monday morning weigh in. But instead of worrying I am looking at my choices and evaluating those choices. it has been a week of positive effort-decent food, a little low on fiber a few days, but good movement every day-including my first 2 tennis matches in one day in years. If the scale proves a little stubborn, that will not change the fact that it has been a week of positive effort.
    NSV, I needed tops to wear under suits. Even though I don't go in public in sleeveless I wanted sleeveless tops to wear under the suit jacket. I found two on the sales rack at Target, but drum roll please
    size XL in the regular department, NOT in the plus size department. And they actually look good enough to wear without the jacket. Its a rainy day, I am going now to clear space in my closet by packing up some of those Plus size outfits. Happy Sunday Mad Hatters.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's legal but I third the nomination for Snoozie.

Been a crappy week. If any thing could have gone wrong it did. I think my brains melted out though my ears Tuesday at work it was that hot. Wed a little better. Thursday could not get it together for nothing....the faster I went, the behinder I got type of day. Friday......My get up and go done got up and left and forgot to take me with it. Saturday my back went to heck in a handbasket. That's when I looked at the calendar.....That explains that. I still have a few scanty hormones running about in my system and they decided to kick in gear.

I just wish my body would make up it's mind. Makes Mary a Cranky Camper. Wanted to kill a few people to these past few days. If I wind up in the hoosegow just let me stay.....maybe then I can get some peace and quiet?

Everyone try to have a good day!
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    Got to do my walkies down at the lake this morning; stopped for groceries on the way back and am ready to tackle a ton of housecleaning; trying to stay on the light side of my calorie count today after 2 dinners out in a row; last night my friend made pasta with a lobster and shrimp rosee sauce and I thought when she announced it… omg.. I’m toast lol.. but I was able to be in the kitchen when she dished up; and we’re good friends..so I just asked for a smaller portion; and was able to enjoy it without freaking out.. which was kinda cool as I’m starting to figure out that that’s exactly what I’m going to be doing on this lifetime journey now – just making the best choices I can with the knowledge I’m gaining.. and learning that a dinner invite doesn’t have to be a “crisis” for me; so my IPOM today is a little step forward from a “lightbulb going off” moment. But having said that…

there was an oh crap moment when she came back after dropping her kids off at a friends up the street, and was carrying a McD’s ice cream blizzard type snack thing for each of us. As a surprise. (yeah. .they call it a snack size.. it is pretty small. .but when I looked it up when I got home? 410 calories and 50 gr of sugar… yeah… REALLY Mickey??) That’s a SNACK? I ate a few spoonfuls because I didn’t want to be rude, and I enjoyed it.. but just mixed the rest around til it melted lol. I didn’t know how to handle the situation; and realized I’m going to have to prepare for that too.. if you’re served a piece of pie without being asked, do you eat a few bites or just say no thank you (that would be easier if it was something being served.. but I was caught by surprise when handed the tub… so will have to figure that one out to be prepared for future surprises!

K couple of replies b4 I get cracking at scrubbing the floors!

TA: you made such an amazing stride in your fried food realizations.. (god bless hubby too!) Great IPOM!! And I know what you mean; I just started my walking two weeks ago and was outpaced by a goose.. 3.6 miles seems like a big goal for me too but hey.. we’re both walking more than either of us were 2 weeks ago.. so progress! yay us!

Huntress: what a positive post!!! Hope you treated yourself to a warm bubble bath for those sore muscles!

Adiane: Well said !! One day at a time!

Abbe: hope your camping trip was fantastic! Im totally jealous as I love being on the water too!

Leslye: a lovely post; how awesome you were able to not only reach out for help here, but got exactly what you needed; empathy, support and encouragement.. such an amazing group of women here!

Cynthia – you’re at my goal weight now LOL!! Nice move on choosing sat for your weigh in now; let us know how the changed worked to help u thru the weekend?

Bis: such an encouraging post! AND huge IPOM on the whole family donating blood; LOVE the giving back! IPOU!

MeRobi: if you’re in jail now.. remember you get one phone call. Call us LOL.

CBM that was the happiest looking post I’ve seen LOL!!

And I’m all for the island!! But I’ll pass on being mayor.. when I was a kid my favourite TV show was an odd one called H.R. Puffenstuff.. and one episode had Witchipoo running for mayor.. I can still hear that song “Witchi-pooooooo for mayyyor..” running thru my head 40 years later!! :o)

HRH: An amazing post.. thank you so much!! The part about not avoiding weeks like that struck home with me (As did everything else in yours.. I love that you’re trying to turn around your “mental” thought of usually dreading Monday mornings for weigh ins
    But instead have now decided no matter what they say, your focusing on the fact you had an awesome positive week! Love it! And HOW exciting was finding the size in the regular department?? I can still remember the first time that happened to me so doing the snoopy happy feet dance for you! Well done!!

Mem50: Was howling with laughter at your post… ok, we’ll let you stay in the hoosegaw this one time, but only because it’ll get you some rest.. and we’ll send in a mani/pedi crew to give you a full spa day while you’re in there… (if you’re sure you don’t want us to spring you.. we HAVE started the “Mad Hatters Homicidal Indiscretion” Fund in case anyone needs it… and to have a crappy week end with throwing those hormones around too?? Lord love a duck…. Congrats on just surviving!! IPOU!

And while I may have been the catalyst by clicking on the make a group button.. (just one click... hmmm??!!) it's all of us who make this group a source of friendship, warmth and encouragement, and hysterically funny therapy for each other!!

So.. anyone want to come scrub my floors for me?? I'd consider that BIG support... ??? LOL
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Snoozie...I LOVE YOU!!!! H.R. Puffenstuff....That brings back sooo many memories!!! I adored that show, or was it just the cute boy I had the crush on? I remember that episode too. I took a nice bubble bath last night and it seemed to help, my heating pad died. Was I ticked off. Now to the store to find a new BF. Yes, that heating pad was dearly loved and will be sorely missed. I just hope I can find as good of one as it was. Sigh. The lobster and shrimp thing sounds so yummy and you are so right. Portion control is key. I refuse to give up certain things but have found that it does not hurt as long as you are aware and responsible about how much you eat. The blizzard was a monkey wrench tossed in. I know it was a surprise for ya all but hey, she could have asked you if you would prefer the yogurt smoothie they have.

Hormone crazed woman signing off for the day.

Love, Hugs and Air Smooches for all!

Mary
  • Snooozie
    Options
    LOL Mem!! Good luck on the hunt!! And Yep.. Jack (aka cute boy!) was indeed the draw for me.. but when I read the mayor thing that episode where Witchipoo wanted it came to mind.. and now I can't get that chant outta my head!! :sad:
  • 1960lisa
    1960lisa Posts: 193
    Options
    ....was going to post but as I'm guessing all my mad hatter friends are in bed I'll wait till tonight when you're all getting up...what a funny world :laugh: :laugh:

I'm off to paint a bedroom and drink lots of water (if I keep saying it maybe one day I will) :drinker: :drinker:

Lisa

Let me know where the island is...I'll be joining you!
  • PatriceMG
    PatriceMG Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Thanks Snoozie and everyone else for the positive posts! This is a long ardorous journey and slip ups will happen. As it did for me the past 2 days. By not planning my meals I ate the wrong foods. Pizza for a snack? Are you kidding me? It was left over from my son's lunch and I was so hungry with nothing healthy in mind to eat. Figured I'd make it my dinner. Then my husband came home starving and I prepared dinner - spinach salad. Sounds good. Unfortunately after I ate it I found out how many calories there were. The dressing and the crunchy things put me over the edge... Up 2 pounds :( So I decided to kick myself in the butt today. Walked 3.5 miles instead of 3. Then came home and did ripped in 30 week 2 AND week 3. Hoping that will help me get those pounds off. I was hoping for 10 lost for my niece's wedding next weekend. Was at 9. Gained 2. I'm bummed, but I'm not gonna let that put me off. Gonna keep going since there are so many of us out there working our butts off trying to make a lifestyle of this. I will march forward. Sometimes I need a little push tho:blushing: Tomorrow is a new day and a new week! Let's make the best of it!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    "So I decided to kick myself in the butt today. Walked 3.5 miles instead of 3. Then came home and did ripped in 30 week 2 AND week 3. Hoping that will help me get those pounds off. I was hoping for 10 lost for my niece's wedding next weekend. Was at 9. Gained 2.

I'm bummed, but I'm not gonna let that put me off." (Patrice)

=================================================

:smile:

WAY TO start changing your mindset today Patrice!!! Changing the way we think about our eating and exercise habits is key, cause none of us are on a diet anymore; we're changing the way we think and feel about our relationship with food, and feeling great with every little change towards our goals!! !! IPOU! :bigsmile:

===================================================
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Yeah for me !!! Tonight we had commencement at church tonight after VBS. Of course that means there was refreshments. As I approached the table I quickly noticed there wasn't any healthy snack :grumble: No veggies at all !!! Really ? What was I going to do? So I looked to see what would be my best choices. I have really wanted chocolate this week so I selected a small brownie (about half the size of a regular), one sausage cheese ball (anyone that knows me would most likely not believe this !!!) two shaved pieces of cheese about one inch square and 3 pickle slices :bigsmile:

Now this could have been a disaster for my day but I didn't choice the sandwiches (mayo !!!) chips, cookies, cakes, or pies. I took enough to not appear rude but choose things I do enjoy but don't trust myself to cook at home. This gave me the opportunity to enjoy them in a somewhat controlled environment b/c once I left it wouldn't still be there tempting me. And most important I took reasonable portions !!!! In the past I would have just gave in and forgot about what I am trying to accomplish and ate what I wanted.