Are you street?

doutri2
doutri2 Posts: 186 Member
What running surface do you prefer to run on? Concrete? Gravel path? Grass? Other?

Replies

• lexismom1003
    lexismom1003 Posts: 28 Member
    Currently... I prefer street. I am very clumsy and any change in the surface (such as uneven sidewalk, rocks, etc.) will trip me up. Hopefully as I advance in my running adventure I can expand my horizons.
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Right now I'm sticking to pavement. I twisted my ankle last January and I feel anxious running on even surfaces.
    I have a 5k in September that's a trail path. I'm going to start running on a gravel trail to practice.
    Any advice would be great!
  • Missy1723
    Missy1723 Posts: 48 Member
    I run on pavement as well. I've run on grass before and twisted my ankle in a little hidden dip. I've run on gravel and it was ok but little pebbles kept being brushed up from my steps and hitting the back of my calves! lol....yea I'll stick to pavement :)
  • pbl1966
    pbl1966 Posts: 207 Member
    Love trail running but am pretty slow when I do it. I live near a state park that has nice wide fairly tame trails that a lot of runners and bikers use.
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    I prefer pavement, but I have ran three 5k trail runs which were grass, gravel, and wooded trails. They're definitely a lot more challenging!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    I usually do asphalt. I am signed up for a trail run at Disneyworld this fall. I just did my first real trail run this past weekend and it was good. It didn't slow me down nearly as much as I thought it would!
  • robpett2001
    robpett2001 Posts: 320 Member
    Dirt road. Well, not so much a preference as...that's all that is available around my house. But I definitely like it better than pavement or concrete.

I was in Chicago a couple months ago and ran the hotel's outdoor rubberized running track. It was soft and cushy, and wow was it niiiice.