Silly Question

ChappyEight
ChappyEight Posts: 163 Member
Is it safe to assume that this method is not gender specific, rather, human specific? I'm having great success with the standard MFP calcs, but I'm seriously considering EM2WL anyway.

My initial plan was to get down to what I figured was a healthy weight/body fat % (170ish/16%ish) then begin a weight training regimen. I'm currently doing some body weight type workouts at home that I found on www.nerdfitness.com and on the other days, doing the "Couch to 5K" walking/running program.

I'm going to keep reading through posts in this group and it may answer my questions. But, any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Landon

Replies

• emgel9
    emgel9 Posts: 218 Member
    Not gender specific at all. Weight training is always a good idea, and it aids weight and fat loss. No reason to wait until you hit a certain weight. My general view is that EM2WL calcs will give you the same results as the MFP calcs just a tad slower and with less of a threat of plateauing. Also, because you are losing weight while eating closer to maintenance you are less likely to gain weight when you hit maintenance and you will keep your metabolism revved up!
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Not gender specific at all. Weight training is always a good idea, and it aids weight and fat loss. No reason to wait until you hit a certain weight. My general view is that EM2WL calcs will give you the same results as the MFP calcs just a tad slower and with less of a threat of plateauing. Also, because you are losing weight while eating closer to maintenance you are less likely to gain weight when you hit maintenance and you will keep your metabolism revved up!
    ^^^this^^^
  • ChappyEight
    Thanks for the quick replies. Guess I need to go change my ticker image...
  • rmk20togo
    rmk20togo Posts: 353 Member
    I'm currently working on the fat loss/muscle building myself and still tweaking things to see what works. I peeked at your diary and, after talking to some body builder friends of mine, I would suggest you use your increased calories to increase your protein. You seemed really low on the days I looked at.

Good luck! Can't wait for the gun show. :love: :love:
  • ChappyEight
    I'm currently working on the fat loss/muscle building myself and still tweaking things to see what works. I peeked at your diary and, after talking to some body builder friends of mine, I would suggest you use your increased calories to increase your protein. You seemed really low on the days I looked at.

Great advice, thank you. I've revised my protein % and I'm seeking out more protein-rich foods. It's a work-in-progress, but a solid start.

Good luck! Can't wait for the gun show. :love: :love:

Haha, you and me both!