Can I get some friends who actually eat?

Options
thewang
thewang Posts: 71 Member
I started MFP without having a clue what I was doing since I've never even attempted to diet before. Within 2 weeks I felt like eating 1300 calories was no different that what I normally did so I started readin the forums and found the EM2WL and Dan's in place of a roadmap. Since I've started this and am eating above my BMR the friends I had made who are all eating 1200 calories have been negative telling me I lack willpower and to try harder. Now I get no support at all it seems. So I'm still green to this whole idea and am just looking for the support of friends who are using the same approach as me.

So not to sound pathetic or whiny, I just want my MFP page to be positive and learn from like minded people :)

P.S. I swear I do not post inspirational quotes and sayings or bible verses

Replies

• kikih64
    kikih64 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    You can friend me if you want. I'll be honest, I don't post alot, but I do give my friends encouragement!
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I will be your friend! I've recently deleted some of those 1200cal people because I eat at least twice that and have been maintaining for six weeks. By noon I've usually eaten their whole day's calorie allowance and I just feel bad for them!

Oh, and I also don't post bible verses. Though I very occasionally post inspirational quotes related to lifting things. :happy:
  • thewang
    Options
    Thanks you guys!
  • LadyJocc
    LadyJocc Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add - I love me some eating. :wink:
  • pitlvr2x
    pitlvr2x Posts: 17
    Options
    I was doing that 1200 thing until I got a Y coach who got my attention and said I was way to low for my activity level etc. Now I am between 1500-1700 a day, going to see a dietician within the next 2 weeks and get some more scoop just to make sure I am on the right track for my specific issues and goals. So you have MY support 100% ~ we can learn together!!
  • charliecat39
    Options
    You can add me too.. I eat 1800 cals a day.... !
  • knowak82
    knowak82 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me--I'm always open to having more friends that eat, well, MORE!!! :bigsmile:
  • Callalili
    Callalili Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. This is day 3 for me of eating more. I was set at 1200 (according to mfp) and ate that plus exercise calories, usually 1400-1500. I'm 5'2" and lightly active so raised to around 1650 which is TDEE-15%. So it's not a big up but I'll take it.
  • Faerille326
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I like to eat. :)
  • maltipink
    maltipink Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    add me too!! Welcome to the group!
  • SweetT415
    SweetT415 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I eat 2200 calories a day. I love eating more. Life is good! :)
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    1924 calorie eater here AND I give support daily :-)

I am a former 1200 cal a day eater...for years. This is the first time I have ever been happy with the way I eat and the weight I've lost.

PS. I do post about my children and family life every now and then. I also try to be honest without being hurtful.
  • thewang
    Options
    to clarify - I like inspriation and motivation! I love it or I wouldn't be here! I've had people that constantly spam my feed with biblical quotes or cliches/sayings regarding self control, seizing the day, being your hunger's captain etc...

I am more motivated by someone saying what they overcame that day, what they accomplished, tips that work, not just filler talk about whatever sounds good. That's all I meant by that! If you mean it, I want to read it!
  • CleanandLean33
    Options
    I eat lots 2200-2400 on a rest day :-) (thanks to a fit bit!) and am upping it even more on work out days ... nom nom nom

(i only have a little to lose so my journey is more about working out what my body needs and how to fuel it right to lose the last stubborn 5lb and tone by lifting.... i say that cos i think someone deleted me recently cos our weight loss goals were different which was annoying cos I am happy to encourage and motivate and really appreaciate that in return regardless of this)
  • barbcouperus
    barbcouperus Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    you can add me as well! I like to eat!!!:bigsmile:
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Yay! Friends that eat!

Except that I don't really comment that often, I'm just really busy and I'm mainly scrolling through MFP when I'm supposed to be working. >_>
  • TRHuston
    TRHuston Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Nom nom nom! I'm a total foodie and my improving my overall health quest has been filled with me just learning how to eat properly, not to quit eating all together. That's too bad some people don't understand that their bodies are capable of so much more than they give them credit for. We are all amazing machines and I feel we need good fuel to run efficiently and properly. Don't let those starving people upset you. Can you blame them? They are just hungry. Oh, and you can add me as another supporter of your cause. We are all here for self improvment, not judgement.
  • alcon79
    alcon79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I eat about 1900 cals a day and am almost done with the weight loss part of my journey. Now I'm moving towards maintaining, toning and getting up that darn protein :)
  • LilBritGettinFit
    LilBritGettinFit Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You can friend me! I started considering the EM2WL idea a couple months ago and I have been at a plateau for months and for how much I work out I just can't cut back my calories anymore. I have been eating at TDEE -15% for 2 weeks and I feel so much better, not tired and have more energy. I know my body could take a couple months to adjust to actually being fed so I am mentally prepared for everything to stay the same or gaining some. Anyway, I am open to adding friends that eat as well.
  • WinningWithin
    WinningWithin Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You can add me - I am embracing the EM2WL approach and, like you, don't like the whole approach of eating as little as possible and people congratulating you for it. :noway: