Does Anyone Still Use MFP's Net Calorie Set Up On EM2WL?

Options
2»

Replies

• giftieetcetera
    giftieetcetera Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I eat my exercise calories. If I don't, I don't exercise. And my heart doctor and my internist both say that even if I don't lose a single pound, I HAVE to exercise. So I do. I set my calories at 1,800 and usually end up exercising and eating another 200. Under my TDEE and over my BMR, whether I eat 1,800 or 2,000.
  • phoenixoncemore
    phoenixoncemore Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this thread! I thought I was the only one doing it this way and couldn't work out if I was breaking the rules or not!

I have my net set as above BMR and log absolutely every scrap of exercise I do. I usually end up eating 1600 - 1800 per day . A lot compared to MFPs short person standard goal of 1200.

Thing is, I wanted to do it this way at least to start with, because I've just started getting into exercise and my burns are small and inconsistant. Some days only a 20 minute walk - some days running (just started) and workout dvd or dancing and I sit at a desk all day long at work. I know what you mean about feeling like you've earned your food too! :laugh:

I may look at doing it with my exercise in when I've gotten more into it, but at the moment this feels like a better fit for me.
  • booyainyoface
    booyainyoface Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    slammy- you have the EXACT same stats as me when i started, but im down to 146... to top off our identical stats, i happen to be from vermont as well. haha!
  • MrsAFR
    MrsAFR Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I think i would prefer to log my exercise and eat back the calories because you feel a sense of achievement when you see how many calories you burn

My BMR is 1707 (Harris) or 1568 so average of 1637

Tdee at sedentary (which I am most of the time as I have a desk job) 2048

So I have to net above BMR everyday ???
  • MrsAFR
    MrsAFR Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Its so confusing!
  • each_day_stronger
    each_day_stronger Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Yup you always want to net above your BMR because that is what is required for you to function, if you go below that in theory you start eating your own muscle because your body is so hungry.

If you just shoot to eat your TDEE everyday you should be good. When you do exercise, check out your net number make sure it's above BMR and you're good to go.

Hope that helped!