Opinions on increasing activity level while on reset

littlepinkhearts
littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
I've been eating at approx 2000 TDEE for 4.5 weeks and i'm finding I have so much more energy that it's becoming increasingly hard to stay still. My activity level when I started was 3 - 5 hrs moderate being 30 mins walking 6 days per week and one hour weightlifting once per week. I've changed it since by cutting back the walking and adding 2 more weight-lifting sessions of 1 hour each so it still stays in the 3-5 hour. I now want to do at least 1 hour of walking every night at around 3.0 to 3.5 speed, so nothing too strenuous. Jillian Michaels once a week for 30-45mins and my weightlifting that I already do 3 times a week for an hour. This question has been bugging me for a couple weeks now. Obviously my RESET is most important and I don't wanna undermine it just because I wanna exercise more. But, maybe it would be better to wait also till I start my cut?

Replies

• Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    If you feel you have the energy to do more-go for it. But adjust your cals accordingly. I have upped my cals 200 during my reset and it was not a problem.
  • littlepinkhearts
    Thanks :) I thought I remembered reading somewhere that a reset is all about resting your body and fueling it well so i've been trying not to do too much haha
  • littlepinkhearts
    After checking my cals for the next activity level, I saw that it was approx 200 more cals per day. It jumped from 2106 for 3-5 hrs mod act. to 2343 5-6 hrs of strenuos activity. I'm only adding 1 hour of exercise per week so I decided that adding 200 cals per day would be too much so I have decided to just keep eating back exercise cals if I feel hungry.