EM2WL Success

Options
mrs_dwr
mrs_dwr Posts: 189 Member
After reading through some of the threads on here this afternoon, it is apparent that people with success at EM2WL aren't posting about it. Including myself! I added to a thread this morning about my success so far, but figured it was worth a new thread just in case people didn't click on the other one (mainly since the title doesn't make it obvious that success stories would be in it). I know EM2WL has a .com now, but since there are always MFP folks coming over here to check things out, I think it's important to keep things updated here.

So, my story, semi-briefly:

I never did a VLCD so I didn't do a reset when I started eating more. I gave birth to twins last fall (I had been eating 3500 calories/day to get two wonderful 6.5 lb birth weight babies!) and finally I was given the all-clear to start exercising at the beginning of January (after losing 40 lbs in the first 6 post-partum weeks).

I lost 3 pounds over a 3 month period (midJan-midApril) while eating 1600-1700 cals/day. Then I found EM2WL and started eating 1975-2000 cals/day. In these 3 months since EM2WL, I've dropped 7 pounds and 2 pant sizes. Also, for 2 weeks in there I did a diet break, so it actually kind of works out to 7 pounds in 2.5 months.

One of my more skeptical friends (not on MFP) asked if the weight I'd lost while eating more was due to giving birth to twins, so it was just pregnancy weight that was coming off. Good theory, except that all my pregnancy weight was gone before I started EM2WL.

The system works. Just give it a real chance and give it time to work. :flowerforyou:

ETA: my current profile pic was taken on my birthday last week. I have 10 month old twins. See, it DOES work! :smile:

Replies

• IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing! Great job, BTW!
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Great Success story!!!!
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Wooot well done. Love to ready success stories
  • Alisi1234
    Alisi1234 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    great job!!
  • CampinGal34
    CampinGal34 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! Thanks for the update...we are all on pins and needles waiting to hear how everyone is doing!
  • MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You look great!
  • candicejn
    candicejn Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, thanks for sharing :)
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your success. You look fantastic in your picture - especially being 10 months postpartum. That's awesome!
  • FitterGill
    FitterGill Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Brilliant! Thanks for sharing. Im starting my cut on Monday after an 8 week reset - I did VLCD on WW for a few years, went straight to cut but weight stuck for 6 weeks so decided needed the full reset. Im just going to cut by 300 cals from 2500 to 2200 so not very extreme.
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jess, we all need to see these stories~ especially those of us in a Reset!!

Congrats on your success and delivering 2 healthy children by keeping their Mom well nourished!!!:heart::heart: :heart:
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful post!! Thanks so much for giving us even more inspiration!

My daughter is due in 21 days and tends to be a VLC lady because her hubby is very thin and she doesn't want to be heavier than him. At 8+months pregnant she weighs 140lb and she is 5'8"! UGH! I can only hope she takes your story as an example of how to feed herself well once the baby arrives and she is a nursing mom! Great job, young lady!:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    This is such an inspiring story, especially like was said above, for people doing the reset right now!! Thank you so much for sharing your success on this!!

Congrats to you on Twins and on looking great!!! :flowerforyou:
  • opalmel
    opalmel Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. That is fantastic and you look great! Congrats on the twins!
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    After reading through some of the threads on here this afternoon, it is apparent that people with success at EM2WL aren't posting about it. Including myself! I added to a thread this morning about my success so far, but figured it was worth a new thread just in case people didn't click on the other one (mainly since the title doesn't make it obvious that success stories would be in it). I know EM2WL has a .com now, but since there are always MFP folks coming over here to check things out, I think it's important to keep things updated here.

So, my story, semi-briefly:

I never did a VLCD so I didn't do a reset when I started eating more. I gave birth to twins last fall (I had been eating 3500 calories/day to get two wonderful 6.5 lb birth weight babies!) and finally I was given the all-clear to start exercising at the beginning of January (after losing 40 lbs in the first 6 post-partum weeks).

I lost 3 pounds over a 3 month period (midJan-midApril) while eating 1600-1700 cals/day. Then I found EM2WL and started eating 1975-2000 cals/day. In these 3 months since EM2WL, I've dropped 7 pounds and 2 pant sizes. Also, for 2 weeks in there I did a diet break, so it actually kind of works out to 7 pounds in 2.5 months.

One of my more skeptical friends (not on MFP) asked if the weight I'd lost while eating more was due to giving birth to twins, so it was just pregnancy weight that was coming off. Good theory, except that all my pregnancy weight was gone before I started EM2WL.

The system works. Just give it a real chance and give it time to work. :flowerforyou:

ETA: my current profile pic was taken on my birthday last week. I have 10 month old twins. See, it DOES work! :smile:

bump for opthers loss. That is awesome! My grandaughter also used the method after having a baby. She has lost all her weight gained and then some, and she is never hungry!!!!I She also has a 10 mo old baby boy and she looks fabulous . Baby weight can be rough but it can be done. Tks for sharing
  • mrsmel55
    mrsmel55 Posts: 168
    Options
    Congrats on your success....and I agree it does work. When I was on the 1200 calories a day and eating back exercise calories I was losing maybe 1/2 lb a week if I was lucky...some weeks nothing....A friend recommended EM2WL and its the best thing I could have done!!! Now I am losing at least 1 to 1 - 1/2 lbs a week if not more!!! It really does work!