After my 2 week 'break'

angelina2585
angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
(Posted in EM2WL forums too)

I've done a couple of weeks' break and have just weighed myself and have lost 1.5lb. I'm really pleased with that,obviously, especially as TOTM is approaching within the next day or two, but I guess that means I've not found my TDEE doesn't it?

I don't really want to cut again for a couple more days, might as well see the weekend through!, so come Monday I'm not sure whether to cut maybe 10% rather than the 15% that I've been doing or to increase my calories a little to see where I stabilise. Plus with totm around the corner I do like the idea of keep the calories higher.

I had my TDEE number set at 2050 but have actually averaged 2100 a day over the last week. I'm actually a little scared to carry on with this number because I've had some unbelievably hungry days this week and I fear that I'll never want to cut again lol

Well, I guess after being a little scared and a little excited before taking this break I didn't think I'd be in a quandary at the end of it! Have a few more days to think it over.

Replies

• You know from my feed I'm no expert but.... if you ++++ hungry at your present TDEE and have lost weight on a break I think you need to bump up kcal. If you TOTM anything like mine I would also reccomend sticking at the higher TDEE during this time and try not to attribute any totm gain or bloat to your increased numbers cos I'm sure it will dissappear by end of week. then go to a 10 or 15 % cut of you new TDEE when you body back to normal.

Keep us updated as to what you decide and how it goes xx
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    I agree stay as you are for another week and see where you are then : ) Glad it's going well for you!
  • knowak82
    knowak82 Posts: 200 Member
    (Posted in EM2WL forums too)

I've done a couple of weeks' break and have just weighed myself and have lost 1.5lb. I'm really pleased with that,obviously, especially as TOTM is approaching within the next day or two, but I guess that means I've not found my TDEE doesn't it?

I don't really want to cut again for a couple more days, might as well see the weekend through!, so come Monday I'm not sure whether to cut maybe 10% rather than the 15% that I've been doing or to increase my calories a little to see where I stabilise. Plus with totm around the corner I do like the idea of keep the calories higher.

I had my TDEE number set at 2050 but have actually averaged 2100 a day over the last week. I'm actually a little scared to carry on with this number because I've had some unbelievably hungry days this week and I fear that I'll never want to cut again lol

Well, I guess after being a little scared and a little excited before taking this break I didn't think I'd be in a quandary at the end of it! Have a few more days to think it over.

I think we're twins...LOL! I just came off vacation and took about two weeks of from formal exercise and ate at TDEE, and lost, like, 3 pounds once I weighed in after vacation!?!?!? I'm back exercising, so I've been bouncing around a couple of pounds (the whole glycogen thing), but am still down from before I went on vacay. I'm going to eat at TDEE (mine is also 2050!) for around two more weeks, and if my weight is still trending down, I may bump myself up to the next activity level, or take an average of my current and next highest number...

Keep us posted on what you end up doing...I will personally be verrrrry interested in what you do!!!! Since we are twins, after all:tongue:
  • angelina2585
    Thanks ladies. I really do appreciate your opinions on this.

I think I've convinced myself to stick to 2050 for at lease another week. If I'm honest, since I've been eating better I've not really had a problem during TOTM. I used to have terribly swollen, sore boobs for a week before but don't get that anymore and haven't been getting the really bad swollen tummy. You wait for that comment to come back and bite me this month lol

I'll definitely keep you posted on it all. Knowak - twin! - keep in touch with how it's going. I think it's highly likely that I'll join you with the following week too ;)
  • angelina2585
    Just to update you. TOTM hit yesterday, a week late. Even though I have pcos I've been pretty regular since taking an Ayurvedic supplement for most of last year. I'm thinking that it's either 'worn' off or more than likely my bout of flu delayed it.

So I weighed on Saturday morning and I was up about a pound since my opening post. I'm assuming that's to do with TOTM so have decided to go ANOTHER week at TDEE so that I can get a proper idea of my loss or gain during this time.

I can't believe that what was supposed to be 2 weeks has gone to 4 lol

I'm not worried about the scale which is a miracle! I just want to confirm numbers. I have a pair of shorts in a UK10 that I bought who know ls when but it still has the tags in and I've been using them as a measure and they FIT!! My 12's are really loose and baggy yay!! Sorry went off into a NSV there hehe

Will report back at the weekend and am fully intending to cut again from Monday.
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Yay, great NSV :)
    Rock the 10's, girl!