Advice on whether this is right or wrong?

tashaa1992
tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
I'm sure this is probably posted alot but I can't find the thread so yeah.
I work in childcare so most of the time I'm rushed off my feet because lately we've been really busy, but a)my work hours are changing(10 hour shift 4 days a week to 7.30 hour shift 4 days a week) and b)it's going to quieten down rather alot as alot of the children in my room are going to school in september and we won't have alot of new children for a few weeks, so I was wondering would setting my activity level to sedentary tdee -15% benefit me more? I exercise but only for 20 minutes a day(not for weight loss, to help me mentally). I would log my exercise but I won't eat back exercise calories as it just makes me feel stressed. I would love to lose ten pounds but I'm trying to focus more on losing inches.
For sedentary, I would eat 1520 calories a day and then usually on a friday I eat more because I'm with friends, would that do much damage?
I have just started running again, doing HIT training and bodyweight training so should I still lose a few inches? I mostly want to lose inches from my thighs and hips, not my waist so much.
I also eat pretty clean, except for friday!

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    NO it would not help you and in fact it could hinder your success.

You are not sedentary, you have a rather active job even if it is only 4 days a week.

A truly sedentary person just sits around all day/night.

I am on mat leave right now and do sit around a lot and even that is not considered sedentary. I recently got a fitbit and discovered that even on the days that I considered to be very sedentary I never burned less than 2400 calories.
  • tashaa1992
    NO it would not help you and in fact it could hinder your success.

You are not sedentary, you have a rather active job even if it is only 4 days a week.

A truly sedentary person just sits around all day/night.

I am on mat leave right now and do sit around a lot and even that is not considered sedentary. I recently got a fitbit and discovered that even on the days that I considered to be very sedentary I never burned less than 2400 calories.

Really? Despite my hours being cut back? Things probably won't be as hectic at the nursery until the end of october, therefore I'll be sitting around a little more, would I be sedentary then? Sorry I'm just confused. I have never considered myself that active because I thought if you're active you're literally always on the go lol.

I'm really short, only 5ft and I weigh 98lbs so I don't know how much I burn in a day, I know this may sound really random but I'm always cold, I'm sat here right now shivering, when I'm tired which is most of the day I get dizzy which is normal apparently, but my vision goes all funny, I have anaemia and my doctor said it's due to that so I take tablets and eat more iron rich foods but it hasn't helped, I have to see my doctor on monday so do you think it would be worth asking again? It feels like it's gotten worse:/
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    You are not sedentary.
    Almost everyone underestimates their activity level. Unless you are in a desk job 40 hours a week and you basically come home and sit on your couch until its bedtime every day, then you are not in the sedentary category.
    Trust us:)

At lowest, you would be in the lightly active category, and if you begin to strength train or run again, then reevaluate your numbers for moderate activity.
    I know this may sound really random but I'm always cold, I'm sat here right now shivering, when I'm tired which is most of the day I get dizzy which is normal apparently, but my vision goes all funny, I have anaemia and my doctor said it's due to that so I take tablets and eat more iron rich foods but it hasn't helped, I have to see my doctor on monday so do you think it would be worth asking again? It feels like it's gotten worse:/

The coldness can definitely mean you are not eating enough. Coupled with the fact you are always tired and get dizzy is a sure sign you are not eating enough. Please, please do yourself a favor and eat more. You will find within a few days to weeks how much better and energized you will feel.
  • tashaa1992
    You are not sedentary.
    Almost everyone underestimates their activity level. Unless you are in a desk job 40 hours a week and you basically come home and sit on your couch until its bedtime every day, then you are not in the sedentary category.
    Trust us:)

At lowest, you would be in the lightly active category, and if you begin to strength train or run again, then reevaluate your numbers for moderate activity.
    When I get home, I'm mostly doing coursework so that would make me sedentary? I have just started running again this week, and two weeks ago I started bodyweight training but at the moment I'm not able to go for very long before I'm worn out, but I know it'll get better or at least I hope so lol:)

This is what I don't really understand, I have suffered with anorexia from a young age and during my worst I wasn't eating or drinking anything, but I don't ever remember feeling as faint and tired as I do now. I'm eating so much more than I used to so I have no idea why it's happening:s
    I know it's a big big ask but please could you check my numbers? I have used the fat2fit calculator but the number's seem to high:/ I'm 5ft, 98lbs and I'm twenty. Thanks so much:)