A couple of questions about clean eating

Options
I have read the clean eating books and I have visited thegraciouspantry, but I have a few more questions.

Butter is there a clean version?

Is torani sugar free syrups clean? I am guessing not beach use there are ingredients I can't pronounce.

Replies

• deebelky
    deebelky Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    as far as butter goes... the cleanest version is just pure butter--no processing, no chemicals. i think it's not typically considered a clean food because of the fat content, though.

and if the sugar free stuff has a chemical sweetener in it to make up for the lack of sugar, then it's not clean.

hope it helps! good luck. i can testify clean eating will do wonders for you.
  • bhankiii
    bhankiii Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Butter meets my definition of clean - natural with no additives, preservatives and minimal processing. I much prefer it to any artificial butter substitute. I made some a while back, here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bhankiii/view/rainy-day-cooking-287748
  • tammies00
    tammies00 Posts: 16
    Options
    Thanks for the responses!

The syrup is sweetened with splenda, so it is not clean. I liked it in my coffee or lattes.

Tammie
  • deebelky
    deebelky Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    ah...the coffee thing. i am okay drinking it black as long as it's a flavored bean. but for the most part, i use stevia. it's got a pretty good taste. not like sugar, but still sweet. and, it's considered clean. they make stevia sugar blends, so be sure to get just plain stevia if you're interested in keeping it clean.
  • bhankiii
    bhankiii Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I can't abide Stevia or any other sugar substitutes so I just do without. Half and half has enough sugars in it for me.