A few questions!

Hi guys! So, I've been thinking... I'm on "week three" of my reset, however, during the first week, I was gradually upping to my TDEE, as it was VERY hard for me to reach and figure out just HOW to go about doing it. I was eating 1000-1300 calories in the first week, and on "week two" I finally hit my TDEE of 1650 calories.

Since then, I have been eating at my TDEE consistently for two weeks. Does this mean I'm actually only on week two of the reset? I feel like now that I've reached my TDEE, I can tell weight has been gained in these passed two weeks. The first week and second week were nothing, just super full all the time! I still am super full and bloated. My clothes are much tighter, and I know I've gained some unwanted fat. Is this normal for three weeks? Or is it technically two? Haha, I'm sure you can see how this is confusing.

So, my overall question is: Should I consider this my SECOND week, or third?

Thanks guys! :D

Replies

• Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Hi guys! So, I've been thinking... I'm on "week three" of my reset, however, during the first week, I was gradually upping to my TDEE, as it was VERY hard for me to reach and figure out just HOW to go about doing it. I was eating 1000-1300 calories in the first week, and on "week two" I finally hit my TDEE of 1650 calories.

Since then, I have been eating at my TDEE consistently for two weeks. Does this mean I'm actually only on week two of the reset? I feel like now that I've reached my TDEE, I can tell weight has been gained in these passed two weeks. The first week and second week were nothing, just super full all the time! I still am super full and bloated. My clothes are much tighter, and I know I've gained some unwanted fat. Is this normal for three weeks? Or is it technically two? Haha, I'm sure you can see how this is confusing.

So, my overall question is: Should I consider this my SECOND week, or third?

Thanks guys! :D
    I would consider it as your second week of reset, because before you have just upped your cals slowly.

Clothes being tighter and gaining weight is just very normal and happened almost to all of the people who have been doing a reset. Once the weight stabilizes you now, that you have found your true TDEE. For me that happened after about 5 weeks and I gained a total of 10lbs. But don't worry it will come off, once you start your cut.
    I know the mental part of the game can be really challenging and i had my fair share of it.
    But luckily there are so many helpful people on here who carried me through.
    Just hang in there and stay strong. The bloat will ease eventually and you will see at some point the hunger monster appears :)
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    I wouldnt call that gaining fat. Its likely glycogen if you were on a low cal diet. http://www.justinowings.com/understanding-bodyweight-and-glycogen-de/