I am a Breast Cancer survivor on a mission to lose weight

Options
2»

Replies

• survivor1952
    survivor1952 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am Rosemarie and I am a 12 year BC Survivor. I had an estrogen positive ductal tumor in my left breast. I had a lumpectomy, lymph node removal, chemo, radiation and did 3 years of tamoxifin & 5 yrs. of arimidex. I was 47 when diagnosed.
  • MovinonmomDawn
    Options
    Wilmawm,
    I did have the ONCU test done, I landed at 18, as you know less then 18 is low risk, so falling right on the line I am intermediate risk. I have decided to go ahead with Chemo, it was a difficult decision weighing the pros and the cons of chemo. I went for my first treatment of TC on Thursday of last week, however I was very allergic to Taxotere and had to stop immediately. Tomorrow I will start CMF instead which now means 8 rounds instead of 4.
    What did you decide to do?
  • wilmawm
    wilmawm Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Dawn,
    My score was 26, so I (reluctantly) decided to have the chemo -- TC like you, but I haven't had any problem with it so far. My first treatment was this past Wednesday. I'm sorry to hear you're allergic! Good luck with CMF; hopefully it will go well. Is it every 3 weeks like the TC?

Stubtail,
    Congratulations on your 7 year-cancerversary! I love your profile pic; I assume one of these cuties is your 6-year old. :)

Rosemarie,
    I love hearing from 10+ year survivors; it gives me great hope. :) It sounds like your diagnosis/treatment was very similar to mine.
  • judyje
    judyje Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    New to the community. I was diagnosed with breast cancer August 2012. Bilateral mastectomy 5 rounds of chemo with Carboplatin, Herceptin. Taxotere, then 11 with Herceptin alone. I am now on Arimidex for the next 5 years. Since starting the Arimidex in August of 2013, I have gained 20 lb despite walking 5-6 days a week and keeping calories under 1300 daily. What am I doing wrong? Has anyone else gained weight uncontrollably while on Arimidex?
  • glynie12
    glynie12 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    hi everyone. i was also dx with bc december 2012, surgery, chemo and rads in 2013. im 3 months out of treatment and want to get my life and my health back. im ready to fight for it and love the idea of this mfp. seems like a great community with lots of support.
    cheers to all of us
    g
  • corachaos
    corachaos Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Cancer free for one year and five months. So far so good. Still need one more surgery to revise my reconstruction. Would love to loose at least 20 by that time.
  • janine962
    janine962 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Cancer free for almost 7 years! I had mastectomy, with full lymph node clearance, chemo & radiotherapy and have since had a reconstruction with an LD flap. I've finished my meds now but am at least 2 stone overweight. Slow going, but I'll get there.