Consistancy at cut

Hello

Just got a fitbit and realised I need to really bump up my kcal as my daily burns are much bigger than I expected which is a HUGE relief cos as I have posted her before I was really struggling to stick to a 1850 (10%) cut and was nearly giving up

Im doing a 250kcal cut per day as I am using the settings on Fit bit at the mo but that means my kcal allowance can vary from 2000 on a quiet day to 2500 or more on a very busy one.

So my question is at cut is it ok just to eat what my daily burn minus cut allows; so Monday might be 2100 and Tuesday 2500kcal or should I really stick to one average number consistantly to get the most out of my body?

Also in theory cos Im not sure Im brave enough to try but value the advice....

Ive been fairly consistantly eating about 1650-2400 for years and years now with the occassional day or two at 1500 if I was trying to vlc diet during which time my weight has always stayed annoyingly constant...

Now with fit bit I'm realising my real tdee is obviously way higher more like 2400-2700 ish so would a reset at these higher numbers help long term?

Thank you for ideas

(edited for typos)

Replies

• junebug523
    junebug523 Posts: 196
    I think what I have seen other (more well-informed) people recommend is to keep track of your burn on your Fitbit for a week and then average it out...assuming that your activity for the week is fairly typical for you. That average will be the number to shoot for on a daily basis.