When using TDEE method

NWCountryGal
NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
I still would like a record of my exercise calories. I am guessing if others feel the same, they just enter them in as usual, but, stick to your Net Calories that we have each calculated and customized our goals with. Am I right? Then increase to a higher "acitivity level" setting, or lower depending on how you do each week on keeping up with that or lack thereof?

Thank you much, denise:drinker: :drinker:

Replies

• nettasaura
    nettasaura Posts: 173 Member
    A lot of people enter their exercise, but manually change the calorie expenditure to 1 and then enter the actual burn in the exercise notes.
  • NWCountryGal
    The only problem with the "notes" is I would have to go back and add them up. But I guess only a week at a time right? But with entering them, I could run reports I think? Am I right about that? Thank you so much for your reply!! denise:drinker: :drinker:
    A lot of people enter their exercise, but manually change the calorie expenditure to 1 and then enter the actual burn in the exercise notes.
  • candicejn
    candicejn Posts: 458 Member
    I still log my exercise calories, but then just watch my total intake for the day and ignore the 'net' calorie listing.
  • camelid2
    camelid2 Posts: 53 Member
    I just wait until the end of the day to log my exercise so I keep under my initial goal calories, etc.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    I still log my exercise calories, but then just watch my total intake for the day and ignore the 'net' calorie listing.

This^ i'm on the reset and eating at straight TDEE every week for moderate activity. Which means I eat the same food total so long as I keep my exercise between 3-5hrs per week. If I go over on exercise, then i'll eat back some of my cals, but only if i'm really hungry. So for the most part, I eat 2106 per day, every day. Hope this helps!!
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    I log my exercise as always. I eat to my goal. I check to make sure I'm above BMR and if not then I add the needed cals. My goal every week is to burn 3500 cals so I like to see them add up.
  • NWCountryGal
    This is what I decided as well. then I have my record of exercise which I feel is important in keeping my activity level right;) denise PS ty much
  • NWCountryGal
    Oh metoo!! Seeing them add up is great! denise PS thank you much!:drinker: :drinker:
    I log my exercise as always. I eat to my goal. I check to make sure I'm above BMR and if not then I add the needed cals. My goal every week is to burn 3500 cals so I like to see them add up.