Positive thoughts

Options
I ran across this quote this morning " One small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day". It got me thinking how true that is and how it directly relates to weight loss. Negativity is our enemy and it's all around, including in our own thoughs. Food is our comfort and that too is all around. A lot of us struggle with positive thoughts about ourselves, or at least I do especially when obsticals get in the way or things don't go like I want. The more we can think positve thoughts the more successful we will be in our weight loss, our lives and our happiness. Just like negative thoughts, one positive thought leads to another and another... I just thought it was something worth sharing. So as I was making my coffee this morning(I'm a Starbucks addict btw :) I thought back to how I used to have my coffee, grande or venti mocha with whip. Over 300 calories and full of sugar. I'm kind of stunned that now I actually like plain coffee/espresso!! Basically 0 calories and 0 sugar. If I get a mocha it's a grand nonfat 2 pump mocha no whip. (I don't do the artificial sweeteners. That's another thing I changed for the positive :) I guess sometimes we have to stop and recognize the small positve things when it's so easy to just dismiss them. What is your small positive thought for the day? :bigsmile:

Replies

• jlophillips
    jlophillips Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ok.. so I totally agree with you. This morning I went out to breakfast with my daughter and had blueberry pancakes. I like blueberry pancakes and eat them maybe two times a year...so i had them with no guilt. Food is to be enjoyed. Before I would look at food as bad vs good, now its everything in moderation. I even stopped eating when I was full. These small changes make life enjoyable and this healthy journey liveable. :happy:
  • TrinaTW
    TrinaTW Posts: 88
    Options
    That's a really great success!! You are so right about being able to enjoy food w/ no guilt in moderation and stopping when we are full. Kudos!
  • tremilla
    tremilla Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Watching the Olympics has me getting inspired. Looking at these athletes (both young and old) and their gorgeous bodies is all the more motivation that I need to go to the gym.