What time to eat?

Options
pmcjt
pmcjt Posts: 34 Member
I have a question that I didn't see answered here and can't find the answer in the book. I haven't actually started the plan yet. I'm finishing up on Jillian Michael's Body Revolution and hope to do this afterward. I wake up and about 10 minutes later I'm working out. If I eat or drink anything before I workout, I feel like I could throw up during the workout. After my workout, I drink an isotonic vitamin drink because it needs to be taken on an empty stomach. Then I move on to a protein shake. I don't need breakfast because the shake is my breakfast. This makes the spacing of my meals screwy according to the plan. What do you guys do?

Replies

• samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    If I workout in the morning, I have my protein shake and maybe a small bowl of cereal or something for breakfast. Pretty much my usual breakfast become my lunch and my lunch my mid-afternoon snack. My usual pattern though is to workout late in the evening, so big breakfast, usually skip midmorning snack if breakfast has enough protein. Big lunch, big afternoon snack (including protein bar and greek yogurt, reasonable dinner, post workout shake and late night snack.