First week eating more, and I lost weight!

candicejn
candicejn Posts: 458 Member
I was expecting to either gain or maintain for a few weeks while my body adjusted. But not only did I lose the 3.4lb gain I had from last week (I was seriously bloated from some major overeating the 2 days before WI), but I lost another pound on top of that, bringing me to a new low since starting this weight loss journey. 4.4lbs gone this week.

I cannot believe I lost weight eating 2200 calories a day! I am still expecting/bracing myself for an adjustment period, but seeing a loss right off the bat is very motivating. I told myself I'd give eating more a full month before making any changes to my calorie goal, and now I feel more confident that this may actually work for me :)

Yay :)

Replies

• geordiegirl27
    geordiegirl27 Posts: 307 Member
    This great news :-) you must be so pleased.

I'm trying to up my calories going for TDEE -15% but with my exercise today my net is still under 500. I dont know how to eat more! It's so hard!!
  • candicejn
    See now, I don't have a problem finding things to eat :D I just have to be careful WHAT I'm eating - trying to keep eating right while increasing. :bigsmile:
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    I had a loss my first week too and I was also shocked!
  • geordiegirl27
    geordiegirl27 Posts: 307 Member
    :cry: 3 days in & I'm up 1lb

It feels & always has been the minute I eat more the weight piles on. I'd really appreciate any guidance from others as I could be missing something obvious. Thanks
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    That's great. It works for some immediately, for some it takes a bit longer to adjust.
  • candicejn
    :cry: 3 days in & I'm up 1lb

It feels & always has been the minute I eat more the weight piles on. I'd really appreciate any guidance from others as I could be missing something obvious. Thanks

I'm so new to this that I wouldn't even know where to begin with advice, but just based on what you said before about having trouble even netting 500, I'd say that's part of the problem? Try adding in healthy, calorie dense foods (nuts, cheeses, etc) to up your intake perhaps? I know I switched from low fat things to full fat things a while back, that's an easy way to increase calories but not necessarily eat more.

I hope someone with more experience can help you out!
  • glwerth
    glwerth Posts: 335 Member
    I was expecting to either gain or maintain for a few weeks while my body adjusted. But not only did I lose the 3.4lb gain I had from last week (I was seriously bloated from some major overeating the 2 days before WI), but I lost another pound on top of that, bringing me to a new low since starting this weight loss journey. 4.4lbs gone this week.

I cannot believe I lost weight eating 2200 calories a day! I am still expecting/bracing myself for an adjustment period, but seeing a loss right off the bat is very motivating. I told myself I'd give eating more a full month before making any changes to my calorie goal, and now I feel more confident that this may actually work for me :)

Yay :)

I lost too my first week....now I'm holding steady a little above my lowest, but there's a monthy reason for that.

And I'm eating stuff and not gaining, so that works for me right this minute.