Introductions

Options

Replies

• genuinely
    genuinely Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping this challenge will help me stick to my new diet and exercise plan. I just started with a trainer yesterday.
  • genuinely
    Options
    Truth be told, I will be happy to lose 1-1.5 lbs per week until I reach my goal. If I'm down 10 lbs. by the end of August, I'll be really, really happy. If I'm only down 5, I'll still be happy! Every pound lost is a small victory, and they do add up--however slow or fast!
    I feel the same way. I have never been one to lose a bulk amount of weight. I'm fight for each pound each week. And lossing a pond means a lot to me because it took a lot.
    That's a good attitude. I took off 10 pounds by losing about a pound a week from August to December. I wish I could have kept going.
  • genuinely
    Options
    10 LBS for the month of August = like
    My first online group to join = loving it
    mobile phone app for myfitness pal = awesome
    I'm a Brooklynite, living and working in Greenpoint. I cycle about 1.5 miles to work and back daily, but have sat around on my *kitten* @ work and @ home just letting the wait drip over my bones. I joined the YMCA in April, but have just now ramped up my weekly schedule. Here's what I like.
    YMCA CLASSES I LOVE
    ***MON = YOGA
    ***TUES = BOOT CAMP (totally exhausting, but the major calorie burner for me)
    ***WED = ZUMBA (totally fun!!!)
    ***THRS = STAY @ HOME 20 MIN PILATES DVD
    ***FRI - SUN: undefined, but usually find something active on the weekend
    Macarren Pool just opened in Williamsburg!!! I was there this weekend and am thinking to make swimming a weekend commitment. Plus, I am teaching my city boyfriend how to swim.
    I'm going to Europe 1st 2 weeks of September so I want to be 10 lbs lighter
    I am just recovering from the Stomach Flu (nasty, TMI, I know) and will be ready to rock for August. I'm in bed writing as we speak
    Has anyone ever seen the HBO show GIRLS? I just binged on the 1st season while recovering. Lena Dunham is lovely. She's he daughter of 2 famous contemporary artists who is a filmmaker (she's only 26). She created and stared in the film Tiny Furniture and was nominated for 3 emmys for this 2012 season of Girls. She's also a touch overweight and is not shy about it on the camera. Naturally, she deals with her weight in the film and TV series. I felt strongly connected - to be like that amidst the skinnies of NYC.

Haven't seen Girls but I heard about Tiny Furniture. I have a September goal also (getting together with college friends), so it would be great to meet this challenge. Good luck!
  • pont01
    pont01 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am looking forward to this challenge I have lost 18lbs already and I think this can help me. 9 weeks until i go on holiday if i would lose 10lbs in august that would really help.
  • lwdllc
    lwdllc Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I have been away from MFP for a while but am really looking forward to making some new friends and starting this challenge with everyone in August!

I had lost about 70 lbs 4 years ago, and then another 15 at the end of last year, that 15 has crept back up on my and I am disappointed, it is the first time I've let weight get back on.

I am a professional horse trainer, and the weather is killer right now - heat advisories and 105 degrees, so I have to be careful with working out and take it easy ( I HAVE to be out in the heat for most of the day - if I over do a work out I get myself in trouble with work, so staying hydrated and listening to my body is key.)

I am at 161.4 lbs right now, my lowest weight was 145 lbs and my ultimate goal is to get to 135, just because I want to know what it feels like. I'm not sure if I would be interested in maintaining that weight, but I would like to get there.

See you all in August!
  • MoniqueAnn30
    MoniqueAnn30 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Truth be told, I will be happy to lose 1-1.5 lbs per week until I reach my goal. If I'm down 10 lbs. by the end of August, I'll be really, really happy. If I'm only down 5, I'll still be happy! Every pound lost is a small victory, and they do add up--however slow or fast!
    I feel the same way. I have never been one to lose a bulk amount of weight. I'm fight for each pound each week. And lossing a pond means a lot to me because it took a lot.
    That's a good attitude. I took off 10 pounds by losing about a pound a week from August to December. I wish I could have kept going.

It's hard to stay motivated. I keep reminding myself that it's a lifestyle change.
  • yroma
    yroma Posts: 80
    Options
    Hi I'm Roma. Love the idea of support & accountability here on MFP & even more--love the idea of losing 10 in August!
  • tchnlrn
    tchnlrn Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Folks -
    I'm in too! I needed to lose 30 lbs. I'm down 8. If I can lose 10 in August that puts me more than half way. Something like this is always easier when you don't go it alone. I'm 51 years old and someone who has always struggled with my weight - meaning 10 lbs here and 10 lbs there. After menopause, though, I don't even recognize this body! When I started MFP in March I chose to start w/ 1200 calories. The weight would not budge. :sad: When school was out (I'm a principal = stress eater!) I increased my exercise - still no weight loss. Then I decided to increase my calories (1460!!! ) and restrict "white stuff" - sugar, flour, processed foods, and the weight has begun to melt right off. So while I'm craving pizza and a chocolate chip cookie, I'm going to keep chipping away at it. This may be my new "normal" in my middle aged body! :ohwell:
  • AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Hello. I have been using MFP for a little over 2 months, been working on losing weight and working with a dietician since early in May. Monday is our last session with her so I am going to use this to keep me in line ;) I won't have her to weigh me in each week but I will still be accountable. Discovered this summer that I love bike riding and even hit 10 miles as my longest ride. I hope to be riding quite a bit in August as well. GOOD LUCK TO US ALL! Many healthy activities are ahead for us in August!
  • KadenSmile
    KadenSmile Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

I've been riding this weight roller coaster for years, and want to finally get it under control. So, 10lbs sounds like a nice way to start. I know it's going to be hard, and there will be days that I'm not going to like it, but the results are going to be awesome.

Laura :)
  • Lizmcg83
    Lizmcg83 Posts: 32
    Options
    I'm in! Need some extra motivation to keep moving forward to my goal.
  • mstissa02
    mstissa02 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am on the road to weight loss with my lifestyle changes of exercising and food choices. This challenge will motivate me to lose 10lbs!
  • kristypie
    kristypie Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! I'm so glad I found this group to help me jump start back into my weight loss after moving this summer. I made great progress the first 5 months of the year, maintained in June, and really just quit trying in July with all the craziness. Today is a new day, and I'm happy to have a group to keep me accountable. Good luck to you all!
  • Louttie
    Louttie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Count me in!! I have also started Jillian Michaels 30 day shred so I'm hoping that will help me shed these 10lbs this august ready for my holiday in September. Feel free to add me as a friend for support with this challenge :)
  • lodeannalo
    lodeannalo Posts: 27
    Options
    I just finished a lose 4% challange for July, came up 1 pound short. I am not focusing on that, I am focusing on I lost 9.6 pounds since July 1st. This challange will help me push through August!!
  • MoniqueAnn30
    MoniqueAnn30 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just finished a lose 4% challange for July, came up 1 pound short. I am not focusing on that, I am focusing on I lost 9.6 pounds since July 1st. This challange will help me push through August!!

Wow! You give me hope that I can meet My August lose 10lbs goal. Congrats on meeting your goal in July!
  • SRitzy
    SRitzy Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am in for the August challenge to lose 10 lbs. I too just am finishing up on the July challenge to lose 4% in July. I am coming up a little short (I still have to weigh in by tomorrow night, but know I am not going to meet my 4% goal). However, I am very pleased with my 16.8 pound lose since I starting MFP a little over 30 days ago. My goal is to lose 50 total by December.
    I am coming off a celebration weekend. My husband and I went away for our 28th anniversary. First time in 30 days I ate fried food and drank a lot of beer. :drinker: I am so ready to start up again today!! I am very motivated to get back into the swing of things. I went into the weekend knowing I was not going to follow my new way of eating. I enjoyed my weekend off, but am very ready to get back to it today!! :happy:
    Good luck to everybody on this new month, new challenge!!
  • gorguslyjealous
    gorguslyjealous Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! The name's Ashley - I've been on MFP for quite some time now and have always been trying to move in the right direction with my weight and my health. I have lost 36 pounds so far and would like to lose about 15 more (would like to get to an even 50 and see where I am at that point!). I have been very motivated throughout 2012 and would like to continue to do well. My 25th birthday is August 15th and that is an extra motivator for me to keep on the right path over these next few weeks!

Would love for any of you htat are consistently on MFP to add me as a friend because I love to get and give out all the support I can :D
  • BetheLight
    BetheLight Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to losing about 10 pounds by the end of summer.. my ultimate goal is to lose 15 pounds. Slowly I have been gaining weight, so I'm willing to lose it and gain confidence all at the same time. My pants have been tighter and now I'm ready to start kicking myself in the butt! I'm a kindergarten teacher and also love food.
  • SRitzy
    SRitzy Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if we are supposed to turn in our beginning weight on August 1st or post it somewhere?

My beginning weight for August will be 184.4. I would love to lose 10 lbs for the month, but will be content with at least 5-7.5 lbs (which is 1-1/2 per week).

Good luck everybody! :smile: