Lifting gloves?

InvidiaXII
InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
Hi ladies, can any of you recommend a good pair (brand/style) of lifting gloves? I've been getting wicked blisters on my palms, and while I think a little callusing is good, it makes it painful to lift the next workout and I can't go all out. My hands also get suuuper sweaty so it would help with that too. Thanks!

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member
    i like harbinger's. the leather gloves are indestructible
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    I have a pair of black and pink Go Fit from Meijer. They seem to help with the callusing.
  • suzzann666
    suzzann666 Posts: 334 Member
    I definitely agree that lifting gloves are very helpful, but I just use cheapy ones from Target, and they work just fine.
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Lifting gloves are a must - I am happy with the $5 ones I got at Walmart.
  • karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    I love my zebra gloves from Femme Fitale... ;-)
    I need a new pair though!
  • Lorilye77
    Lorilye77 Posts: 5 Member
    I also have a pair of Harbinger gloves. They are pink and black and have leather palms ans mesh and leather on the back. They are super comfortable. Helps with the calluses and sweaty palms :-)
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    My husband bought me a pair of Harbingers with a strap that wraps around the wrist. I didn't find that to be comfortable at all so I bought a pair of GoFit ones from target. Comfortable and cute.
  • JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    My husband bought me a pair of Harbingers with a strap that wraps around the wrist. I didn't find that to be comfortable at all so I bought a pair of GoFit ones from target. Comfortable and cute.

I have a Reebok pair I just bought from target ($15) and used to wear a Harbingers($10) but I left it at the gym and it's poofed.
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    I personally do not recommend lifting gloves at all. They actual inhibit your gripping ability as the extra layer between your hands and the bar effectively makes your hand smaller and less able to get around the bar. I used gloves briefly until I learned of this detriment. I don't miss them at all. Don't waste your money. I don't know any serious lifter who uses them.
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    I only have to use gloves when my hands are sweaty and I'm lifting really heavy-- like when my deadlifts got above 100. I just use work gloves from the garage, you know the grey leather ones. Works like a charm and kindof hilarious.
  • Annaruthus
    Annaruthus Posts: 301 Member
    I wear simple black Harbinger ones, and I AM a serious lifter. Helps me go the extra mile. You're right, it is hard to go all out when your hands hurt the next day!
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    I use my short distance cycling gloves :blushing:
  • username_misso
    username_misso Posts: 50 Member
    i would also advise against gloves. get some chalk to help with grip, and get a pumice to hang in the shower and give your callouses a going over every couple of days so they dont get too big and rip.
  • karrielynn80
    karrielynn80 Posts: 395 Member
    I always just cut a pair of my riding gloves up when they get old - but i'd love to find some inexpensive cute gloves to workout in :D
  • MarineCodie
    MarineCodie Posts: 256 Member
    Yep, Harbingers are cheap and durable. I have all black now (only because they didn't have the pink in my size ;)).