Am I doing it right?

Hello Everyone,
I have been dieting for two years now. I was 104kg. Now 79kg.
I started out on the low calorie wagon.. about three weeks ago I decided to
Try EM2WL.
I'm eat at TDEE - 20% which is 1900/2000 calories. I don't eat back exercise calories because I have calculated this into my TDEE on the Scooby site.
I'm 168cm
79.2kg
48 years young ;)

Exercise consists of:
6 days curves strength training (hydraulic machines) - 1 hour.
6 days - 30 brisk walk (morning).

+ 3 days a week.- 45 minute weights lifting.
+ 3 days week - 30 minute treadmill, incline 3 speed 5.5 kms.
(after weight lifting)
Hula hooping for aprox 20 mins..all up (3 mins at a time).

Sunday - rest day.

In the first week I lost a kilo. 2 weeks on, I gained a kilo. :(
Measurements same as a month ago.

Am I doing this right. Or do I eat more or eat a little less.

Getting disheartened.

Replies

• Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    OK, I get you at Strenuous, which looks to be where you have put yourself. However, I would jump up to 15% Cut instead of 20%.
    So that would get you:

BMR - 1492
    TDEE - 2573
    TDEE-15% - 2187

Depending on how long you were on the low cal bandwagon, you might benefit from a metabolism reset. But if you want to stick to Cut for now, give it a few more weeks and then reevaluate. It can take a little while for your body to trust you again. Keep feeding it and plugging along. Change can take a little while.
    You are doing great:)
  • queenie09
    queenie09 Posts: 25
    OK, I get you at Strenuous, which looks to be where you have put yourself. However, I would jump up to 15% Cut instead of 20%.
    So that would get you:

BMR - 1492
    TDEE - 2573
    TDEE-15% - 2187

Depending on how long you were on the low cal bandwagon, you might benefit from a metabolism reset. But if you want to stick to Cut for now, give it a few more weeks and then reevaluate. It can take a little while for your body to trust you again. Keep feeding it and plugging along. Change can take a little while.
    You are doing great:)

Thank you. I did 1200 calories for the first 7 months. I have gone up and down between 1300 and 1600 for the rest, except for the past month I have been eating between 1800-1950. I will try to keep going and not think about the scale but it is really hard to do that..lol
    Thanks for the support

It's a mind battle. My mind tells me eating more will make me gain...I have to get my head around that
  • nsalerno90
    nsalerno90 Posts: 68
    I totally get it. Am wondering if I am doing this right too. Think I am going to stick with the calories but minimize the carbs a whole lot more and see how that works. Also going to lift consistently. Your numbers look about right to me but I am new to this . . . I would agree that you are definitely working at strenuous.
  • queenie09
    queenie09 Posts: 25
    Bump