When you are planning on having a 'break'

How often / how long for are you planning on having your diet breaks?

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    I'm having a planned break in two weeks' time when I'm on holiday for a few days then off work for a further few days so I think I'll eat at TDEE for those 10 days.

I started eating more in early June but I haven't ever done a full reset so depending on how the break goes I may extend that to a full reset and do 8 weeks before starting a cut.
  • knowak82
    knowak82 Posts: 200 Member
    Took a diet break starting on the 4th of July because we went on vacation that next week. Almost 3 weeks later, and I'm still eating at TDEE, LOL! I just really like eating this many calories!!! I also had a loss while on vacation, so thought I'd stick with eating TDEE just to see whether or not I needed to up my calories. My weight has started to even out a little bit, but I'll probably eat at TDEE for a full four weeks (until August 1st) just to be sure my numbers are correct.
    :bigsmile:
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 577 Member
    I'm starting one today. I started upping cals in late May, so it's definitely time. Plus, I'm in the later part of stage 1 of NROLFW, so I figure the extra calories will help me lift more weights.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Every 4 weeks I am planning a 1-2 week diet break.
  • angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    I ate my cut for about 11 weeks and planned a 2 week so that a weekend away happened I the middle of it.

A couple of nights before I started I was SO excited but a little nervous too. Came down with the flu before I got a chance to increase my calories :( I ate my cut number without exercise to get better, figuring that would make it my first week of break then did a week at TDEE and exercise as per my activity level. Lost 1.5 lbs

I've started my 3rd week of break because I don't feel ready to drop again just yet! I've enjoyed eating extra calories! I'm sort of interested to see at what number my weight will stabilise but at the same time I don't suppose it really matters if I still want to lose some.
  • mphlab
    mphlab Posts: 187 Member
    Mine was eight days after 12 weeks on - 3 days at TDEE, 4 days on vacation untracked & one more day at TDEE before going back to cut! I gained 1-2.4 pounds. Not as bad as I thought. Waiting about 8 weeks until my birthday week for the next one! Then Thanksgiving is about 8 weeks later!
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    I'm thinking of doing a break around 6 or 8 weeks provided that's what works for my body. If I need to do one sooner or later than that I will. But that's what I'm thinking right now anyways!
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    I am in my first week at cut after my 8 wk reset but I am thinking I will do 1 week at 6 weeks. I originally thought I would take a break every 4, but I do have a bit to lose so I think trying to make it to 6 weeks is a better place to start. I'll see how my progress looks at 4, then see if I stall or continue to see positive changes. Then depending on that I can maybe determine better whether next time to do a 4 or 6 week length.
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 344 Member
    i know i should schedule one as i was vlcd for about 3months, skipped a reset and have been on a 15% cut since mid May!

BUT i set a goal for myself to reach by 8/16, so i don't want to do one before....and then im going on a cruise in mid September, so I'd rather it fall while im on vacation! if i hit my 8/16 goal ill take a mini break. then hit it hard before vacation!
  • zukkiz
    zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
    I take mine every six weeks. So my next one is next Monday. I finish stage 3 of NROLFW that day. I also do my weigh in that Wednesday.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    I just came off the reset, so I think in 8 weeks to coincide with the start of level 2 of New Rules.
    But since it will be my first one, I'll just have to wait and see if I need to do it sooner...
  • candicejn
    candicejn Posts: 458 Member
    I'm not sure I will take breaks. I just started this last week, so I'm still adjusting mentally and physically to this new way of eating and looking at food. I have to see how my body reacts to eating the way I am before I decide where to go from here :)