Progress Report...How's everyone doing?

Options
nikig7
nikig7 Posts: 240 Member
Day 4...Pure Cardio...DONE!!! I ended up missing my workout yesterday...just a really busy day and couldn't manage to get it in...but I got right back in there this morning...and am gonna do Cardio Abs tonight (Day 5) to make up so that I can still have my rest day on Wednesday...I had a horrible day of eating yesterday though...need to work on that...ASAP! Especially on the weekends...I really don't want all this hard work and PAIN to just be for nought...

How's everyone else doing??? It's motivating to hear of others who are pushing through...let's encourage eachother!

Replies

• krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Options
    I did Pure Cardio plus Cardio Abs yesterday on my day 22 (first day of week 4). It was a seriously TOUGH workout, though i'm not sure why. I felt sluggish, like my legs were 100 pounds each, so I stopped a couple more times than usual! My only thought is that I had a lot of junky food on Saturday at a friend's BBQ, and maybe I was paying for it on Sunday during my workout. The final payoff though, was that I felt great and was happy to put another day of Insanity behind me! Just have to keep pushing!

This week I am going to try and push even harder because I will be measuring next weekend, and then it's my recovery week.

DIG DEEPER!!!
  • nikig7
    Options
    Wow...Day 22...great job! Can't wait to say that I have put 22 days behind me! Let us know how things go with the measurements!
  • stephanieb72
    stephanieb72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am on day 1 of week 2 :) I am very aware that I am able to go longer than I did the first day! It is a great feeling for sure!
    I still have to seriously talk myself into doing the workout each day but once I am finished I feel great!!! If I wasn't doing this for 60 days what else would I be doing??? Sitting on the couch getting bigger?? Missing out on life?? You can't finish the 60 days if you don't start the 60 days!! I am still excited and motivated (even if the scale is not really moving) :)
    Great day to you all!
  • nikig7
    Options
    Hey! I am on day 1 of week 2 :) I am very aware that I am able to go longer than I did the first day! It is a great feeling for sure!
    I still have to seriously talk myself into doing the workout each day but once I am finished I feel great!!! If I wasn't doing this for 60 days what else would I be doing??? Sitting on the couch getting bigger?? Missing out on life?? You can't finish the 60 days if you don't start the 60 days!! I am still excited and motivated (even if the scale is not really moving) :)
    Great day to you all!

Thanks for the encouragement and I feel you re still having to talk yourself into doing the workouts...while i'm heaving and hurting and sweating I feel like "i can't keep up with this'...but then it's over and I feel great and i realise it wasn't so bad after all...and then I get scared all over again about the next workout...lol...one day at a time right?
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Day 4...Pure Cardio...DONE!!! I ended up missing my workout yesterday...just a really busy day and couldn't manage to get it in...but I got right back in there this morning...and am gonna do Cardio Abs tonight (Day 5) to make up so that I can still have my rest day on Wednesday...I had a horrible day of eating yesterday though...need to work on that...ASAP! Especially on the weekends...I really don't want all this hard work and PAIN to just be for nought...

I'm confused, so correct me if I'm doing something wrong. You say you're on Day 4 and I believe that means your in the first week still. My plan says nothing about doing the abs workout until I get to week 2??
  • krnlcsf
    Options

I'm confused, so correct me if I'm doing something wrong. You say you're on Day 4 and I believe that means your in the first week still. My plan says nothing about doing the abs workout until I get to week 2??

I thought the same thing... I'm guessing she's a keener! i'm sticking to the schedule basically as written. although today i did 20 minutes of jogging to make up for a chocolate chip binge! lol
  • bbaker172
    bbaker172 Posts: 93
    Options
    I haven't hit cardio abs yet, and I did day 1 of week 2.....I'm scared of that one!
  • nikig7
    Options

I thought the same thing... I'm guessing she's a keener! i'm sticking to the schedule basically as written. although today i did 20 minutes of jogging to make up for a chocolate chip binge! lol

Hey...you guys are right...I mixed up the schedule and accidentally did the wrong workout yesterday afternoon! :laugh: :ohwell: . I realise also that I kinda misunderstood and thought I was on Day 5 when it was really Day 6 (didn't realise that the Fit Test counted as Day 1)...sheesh :ohwell: ...so had I done the right workout yesterday...that would have been the end of week 1 for me...but...have to correct that this afternoon...then week 1 will be finished! I think i've untied my knots now and should be following the schedule to a T from now on...:embarassed:
  • bbaker172
    Options
    Another round of pure cardio for me today....Friday is my cardio abs/pure cardio.....I think I'm going to cry.....I can Just imagine what that days going to be like!!
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    OK nikig7, I was thinking I was reading my schedule wrong, lol. Its cool it happens, and now you know whats in store for you for abs.
    I have finished my week 1 and into week 2 still doing well. Hoping this week will go better!!
  • stephanieb72
    Options
    Another round of pure cardio for me today....Friday is my cardio abs/pure cardio.....I think I'm going to cry.....I can Just imagine what that days going to be like!!

I will be with you on Friday!
  • nikig7
    Options
    OK nikig7, I was thinking I was reading my schedule wrong, lol. Its cool it happens, and now you know whats in store for you for abs.
    I have finished my week 1 and into week 2 still doing well. Hoping this week will go better!!

Yes...lol...so it's Plyometric Cardio Circuit for me today!
  • nikig7
    Options
    Hey guys..just came to say that I'm finished with Week 1! :drinker: :flowerforyou:

I told myself I would only weigh and measure after every 2 weeks but I decided to step on the scale this morning and saw a gain of 1.2lbs...tough...was feeling a bit disappointed so I took out my measuring tape and realise that I had lost 1.5inches off my waist and .75off my hips! :noway: It's still kinda hard to believe I could have made such progress after just one week...I'm gonna wait till the end of week two to record my official numbers and also take some progress photos but I'm happy...

I know I need to really work on my eating...still too many slip ups but I'm gonna work on that so that I'll continue to lose inches and maybe even some pounds on that HATEFUL scale! :ohwell:

Hope everyone else is doing well!
  • krnlcsf
    Options
    Hey guys..just came to say that I'm finished with Week 1! :drinker: :flowerforyou:

I told myself I would only weigh and measure after every 2 weeks but I decided to step on the scale this morning and saw a gain of 1.2lbs...tough...was feeling a bit disappointed so I took out my measuring tape and realise that I had lost 1.5inches off my waist and .75off my hips! :noway: It's still kinda hard to believe I could have made such progress after just one week...I'm gonna wait till the end of week two to record my official numbers and also take some progress photos but I'm happy...

I know I need to really work on my eating...still too many slip ups but I'm gonna work on that so that I'll continue to lose inches and maybe even some pounds on that HATEFUL scale! :ohwell:

Hope everyone else is doing well!

@nikig7 - great job completing week 1, and also for your awesome change in measurements! from what i've heard, your muscles will retain water after hard workouts to help repair themselves... so that could be why you're seeing the gain on the scale. don't be discouraged!

i'm 3 days away from finishing week 4, and then i'm on to my "rest" week (and holidays for the week!). today is Recovery, then Pure Cardio + Abs tomorrow, and Plyo Friday. I'm looking forward to a rest!

keep pushing hard everyone!
  • nikig7
    Options
    Week 2 Day 1 complete! :drinker:

It was hard this morning...didn't feel up to it at all but I'm so glad I still did :-)
  • bbaker172
    Options
    Week 2 Day 1 complete! :drinker:

It was hard this morning...didn't feel up to it at all but I'm so glad I still did :-)

Yea there are days when you fight yourself because you're brain says yes...and your body is saying "helll no"....I'm glad that you did it!!!!
  • nikig7
    Options
    Just finished Day 3 week 2...wow...I can't believe I'm so close to the end of week 2! Oh my goodness...great accomplishment for me...I just thank God for the strength to push through when I sooooo didn't feel like it...or my muscles felt sore and tired...still alot of stopping, water, panting, heaving, wiping, and praying for God to bring me back when I feel i'm seeing "the light" (lol)...but I'm still so proud...i'm getting stronger and more fit with every workout...this body is gonna be rockin at the end!! :-)
  • stephanieb72
    Options
    I just did my 2nd fit test and I did a lot better on most of them:

switch kicks went from 44 to 55
    power jacks went from 34 to 50
    power knees went from 50 to 89
    power jumps went from 20 to 23 (I think these are really hard lol)
    globe jumps went from 6 to 8
    suicide jumps went from 5 to 10
    push up jacks went from 5 to 10
    low plank obliques went from 12 to 30
  • bbaker172
    Options
    I just did my 2nd fit test and I did a lot better on most of them:

switch kicks went from 44 to 55
    power jacks went from 34 to 50
    power knees went from 50 to 89
    power jumps went from 20 to 23 (I think these are really hard lol)
    globe jumps went from 6 to 8
    suicide jumps went from 5 to 10
    push up jacks went from 5 to 10
    low plank obliques went from 12 to 30

That's an awsome job!! I haven't done the fitness test again yet....should do that this weekend.
  • nikig7
    Options
    Hey u guys...finished Week 2 Day 5 last night...it was soo hard..and I'm a bit sore this morning but so glad I did it (well...most of it anyway :ohwell: )...Today is Pure Cardio/Cardio Abs to finish off week two! :drinker: ...I just hope it doesn't finish ME off :laugh: