Welcome! Introductions!

Options
navydentalchic
navydentalchic Posts: 234 Member
Welcome everyone! My name is Jackie! I am gotten back into fitness back in Novemeber and I haven't stopped since! I kind of let myself go when I left the Navy and I want that pre baby body back! I have taken on Insanity, Les Mills PUMP, and Turbo fire. I have been afraid to try P90x, but I am now ready to take it on! I hope everyone checks in and helps motivated as well seek motivation here!

Replies

• LadyAshes
    LadyAshes Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Ashley. I'm in my 3rd week 3rd day of P90X and I think it's great. I am not too concerned about the diet plan cause I know I eat well. I have already noticed a huge difference in my strength and can do more of the Abs everyday. Since I stared I have probably had to raise most of my weights 5-10lbs depending on the excersises. Good to have a new group to follow and help me keep track and accountable. Feel free to add my as a friend. I love new people!
  • fairc3jam
    fairc3jam Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Love the pic! I started on June 8 (lean) and customized a bit. I don't do the yoga. Instead I substitute it with 30 day shred or slim n 6. Also, I do something everyday. Finally, I do leg exercise most days cuz I didn't see any change in my hips during month 1. Been working so far. This week I plan to add chest DVD to my routine.
  • palerider72
    Options
    Hi, I'm Chris. I had Gastric Sleeve surgery a little over a year ago and have since lost 110lbs. I started the P90X Lean workout on July 1 and feel great. My plan is to finish the Lean program and then either do the P90X Classic or start Insanity. So far I'm loving the P90X, although the Lean doesn't include the Plyo, I'm seeing results in my strength, endurance and flexibility. Funniest thing is, the workout I love the most is the Yoga. I've always been a weights fanatic, but I find the Yoga the most enjoyable and relaxing even though it's a bear to finish. Anyway, enough rambling, friend me if you like and I'd be happy to help keep everyone motivated.

By the way, one of the biggest things I had to learn was to up my calorie intake. Having had gastric surgery, that isn't the easiest thing to do as I have to keep the portions small. I ended up eating more smaller meals to get my calories up. Before P90X I was eating around 800-1000 calories a day. I'm now around 1700, which I know is still low for the program, but it is absolutely the most I can eat, but it is definitely working for me.