Weight gain on the reset

crystal8208
crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
I've already gained almost 3 pounds and it's been a week. Ugh... encourage me to keep with it!

Replies

• ji225
    ji225 Posts: 89 Member
    Stay with it !

I gained the most (4-5 lbs ) in the first 2 weesk - felt tired , bloated , really dead to be honest - then by week 4 I had loads more energy, am no more boated than I ever was before if I had a big meal, and feel much better.
    I'm still resetting due to the fact that i dont feel ready to cut yet, I dont weigh myself hardly ever, and I feel smaller, though my clothes just fit better rather then being looser - yet!

Not sure when i will cut, maybe soon now it got hotter as feel like eating less when it is hot.

Jenny
  • Glenda0707
    Glenda0707 Posts: 16
    Thanks for having your diary open. Looking at it reveals not alot of vegetables, and lots of restaurant food and sweets. You are probably getting to much sodium as well. Up the water too! You can do this - just plan your meals better and incorporate more "whole" foods. Little to no boxed foods...that stuff is bad for you! It is a work in progress, just like me! :laugh:

It takes effort! The journey of a 1000 miles begins with the first step! Good Luck!!!!
  • crystal8208
    Thanks for having your diary open. Looking at it reveals not alot of vegetables, and lots of restaurant food and sweets. You are probably getting to much sodium as well. Up the water too! You can do this - just plan your meals better and incorporate more "whole" foods. Little to no boxed foods...that stuff is bad for you! It is a work in progress, just like me! :laugh:

It takes effort! The journey of a 1000 miles begins with the first step! Good Luck!!!!

My weekends usually are eating out due to being on the run. And yesterday was grocery day, so my pantry was a bit scarce for making dinners. LOL! I'll admit that. :happy:
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Stay the course! YOu can do it. Gaining weight is a normal part of reset. Most people gain in the first few weeks and then it tapers off and you hold steady.. Ignore the scale.
    Concentrate on eating well, staying low on the sodium and just enjoy the process... It does go by quickly:)
  • crystal8208
    I was told before I changed too much too quickly. When should I start adding my exercise back? I lowered my exercises a month ago and just started the reset last week. Currently I'm doing 2 hours of walking per week. But I'd like to go back to Zumba classes.
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    I was told before I changed too much too quickly. When should I start adding my exercise back? I lowered my exercises a month ago and just started the reset last week. Currently I'm doing 2 hours of walking per week. But I'd like to go back to Zumba classes.

Start anytime. just keep in mind that cardio shouldnt be your only focus and if you can start incorporating strength training. Also watch your burn. You dont want to go below your BMR when you account for activity
  • Tahlij
    Tahlij Posts: 31 Member
    Stay with it - I gained 8lb during my reset, now week 4 of my cut and I feel great, it is worth it..you just need to push through this part!

Good luck

Tails x
  • crystal8208
    Okie dokie! I'm going to ease into it I think. I just don't want to change too much, too quickly.