Not Thrilled With Fit Test Results

jreeves628
jreeves628 Posts: 123 Member
I just completed my second fit test and I'm kinda bumbed out about the results. I thought I was going to do way better and it just wasnt in me today.

These are my results:
Switch Kicks: 57/59
Power Jacks: 42/48
Power Knees: 74/80
Power Jumps: 49/47 <-- less
Globe Jumps: 9/10
Suicide Jumps: 15/15 <-- same
Push-up Jacks: 17/24
Low Plank Obliques: 50/44 <-- less

I've been working my butt off. The only thing I can think that may have hindered me a little was that I doubled up on workouts the first two days, so it hasnt been a full two weeks. Could that be it?

Replies

• Tommytoon
    Tommytoon Posts: 4
    Hi I just started insanity today and done the first fit test and the first workout as I'm trying to do the whole programme quicker than 60 days (another topic for another time) anyways, I've been training for a while doing a few plans with personal trainers etc. Where I done the same sort of thing (a set of exercises first day then repeat later in the programme) your results are actually quite good overall! Like your power jacks and your push up jacks, they're very hard intense exercises and that increase may seem small but is actually quite good. For example at boxing we're forever doing burpees and they never seem to get easier for me and ive been doing them for years! As you say you could be a little tired etc aswel, don't let it dis hearten you or slow your training up keep training to your max every time and next fit test you could be very impressed!!! Good luck!!! X
  • trkinsley
    trkinsley Posts: 124 Member
    I took my second fit test and lost a couple switch kicks from week 1. You went up on most things, by a considerable amount on some of those, so I wouldn't worry about it. Just keep pushing, and see where you're at on the next FT.

One other thing: I think the first fit test is full of flailing for people. By the second fit test, your form should be better on these moves, so maybe you did them with better form on round 2 and slightly less reps. No biggie!
  • jreeves628
    jreeves628 Posts: 123 Member
    Thanks!! :smile:
  • wolveslovemee
    wolveslovemee Posts: 156 Member
    You know whats weird? I did worse on some of them too! Either my counting was off or I was just TIRED.

Its ok though because Im sure during the next fit test you do it will be stellar.
  • My first time through Insanity I had a drop off in a few exercises during the second fit test as well. Can't remember which ones off the top of my head, but I think power jumps was one of them. My issue was pretty simple: on my first fit test, I had gone a few days without working out because I was recovering after finishing P90X. So my body was fresh. By the second fit test, Shaun T. had been kicking my @$$ all over the living room for two weeks. My leg muscles (especially my thighs) were sore, so that slowed me down on power jumps and power jacks. Maybe that's your issue - tight, sore muscles. That got much better by the third test, though, and I made a giant leap forward (no pun intended). I'm sure it will be the same way for you, too!
  • LauzUnc
    LauzUnc Posts: 3
    If you can....try and do your next fit test with a friend or family member stood aside you SUPPORTING and ENCOURANGING you pushing you through the pain....or having someone else even do with you.....I GURRANTEE you get better results. You will always push harder with someone to go against or someone pushing you....and in any case....even 1 more is an improvement so look at the positives!! Your doing it while others lay on the sofa!!!!! Be proud of yourself
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    I just did my first fit test today and my numbers are awful.