How much peanut butter do you eat ?

Debbiedebbiey
Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
I have seriously thought about giving it up for my cut ! It would prob cut me back 300cals/day ! But I don't think I could live without it! Extra crunchy to be specific . I have pb2, trader joes better n peanut butter, but nothing compares to my good ol school extra crunchy. Anyone else able to get their peanut butter habit under control ? Any advice is welcome ! May end up as a once a week treat ? Or if I burn 200 cals in workout=2tbsp p.b ?

Replies

• twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    I love peanut butter and there is no way I could ever give it up!!!

There's no reason why you can't have it every day if you like....just work it into your macros. It's a wonderful source of protein and healthy fat. Be sure it's the natural peanut butter....no added oils or sugar. I prefer the Open Nature Crunchy Peanut Butter (from Safeway) and also the Trader Joe's peanut butter is pretty good too!
  • Settuccini
    Settuccini Posts: 44
    Haha. Peanut Butter is actually my favorite food. More specifically, peanut butter and apples. I just made the switch to PB2 and find it serves its purpose just fine. In fact, for as much as I lovelovelove peanut butter, I can hardly tell the difference. Granted, I never got crunchy peanut butter, I always preferred smooth.

Have you tried putting a tiny bit of crushed peanut into your PB2? Not too much to raise the calories, but enough to get a crunch? Or what about adding less water to the PB2? Sorry, I'm so unfamiliar with crunchy peanut butter, if you couldn't tell. :P

My problem with peanut butter is that I CANNOT have just 2 TBSP. I ate the entire jar in four days, once (or several times, shhh). Yeah... I have a serious PB problem. So I keep full fat PB out of the house and stick to the trusty PB2 that allows me to have EIGHT tablespoons (which I don't even need that much)!

Sorry I'm not much of a help. I think if I were you, keeping full-fat, natural PB in the house would REALLY depend on how disciplined I was. Quite frankly, I don't have enough restriction to do it. It's one of the few things I just can't say "STOP" to.
  • sharoncasey60
    sharoncasey60 Posts: 60 Member
    What is PB2?
  • TRHuston
    TRHuston Posts: 69 Member
    I just learned about this too. It looks like dehydrated peanut butter. I think it's something to put in protein shakes, etc. I don't think I could ever give up the real thing. Love me an apple w/ pb now and again, and pb&j on english muffin. Mmmmm....
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    I need the real deal. The fake PB or PB2 just doesn't do it for me. I eat PB, Sunbutter, almond and hazelnut butter several times everyday.

Usually its a tablespoon at a time added to breakfast or a protein shake. Plus I made protein snacks such as protein balls, bars and so on and they always include a nut butter. I just pre-plan and work it into my day and use a measuring spoon!
  • maltipink
    maltipink Posts: 147 Member
    I am a huge peanut butter fanatic! The only way for me to eat it in the quantity I crave is to compromise with Pb2. I mix it with sugar free grape jelly on Toast and it is sooooooooo good. It does not taste as good as my favorite, "skippy" but it serves its purpose..quite well in fact! You are still getting all the nutritional benefits of real peanut butter without all the oil.
  • hjackson1226
    hjackson1226 Posts: 124 Member
    I eat two slices of whole grain wheat bread with a tablespoon and a half of creamy Bama peanut butter on each slice every morning at work for breakfast. I can eat it at a slow pace and it will keep me full until lunch. I love peanut butter and there is no way I could ever just stop eating it because of calorie requirements.
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    I eat generally 2 peanut butter and jelly sammiches a day....they are my fav.
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    I have at least 2T of PB a day with my banana. Sometimes, I later have 1T on a Vitatop for dessert. YUM!
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    I use all Natural Peanut Butter and I absolutely LOVE it!! I usually end up eating around 4 tbsp per day. 2 in the morning and 2 at night. When I started EM2WL I used it to fill up my daily calorie numbers. Now I just eat it cause I love it. But when I go to cut, i'll probably end up eating only 2 tbsp per day cause that equals 180 cals and that will be most of my cut amount.
  • Zylayna
    Zylayna Posts: 728 Member
    I used to eat a lot of peanut butter, but since I started getting my protein macro more on target with lean proteins etc, I find I don't eat it very often at all. Still love it though! And every so often find myself dipping my tiny stir spoon (don't dare use a regular spoon!) into the jar for a taste. Has to be the natural, nothing added pb though...everything else is too sweet.
  • I hardly ever eat PB since I swapped to almond butter. Better for you, though certainly not much (any?) lower in calories. I sometimes put half a serving in my protein shake, but that's about it. Great way to bump up my calories if I'm a little low on a given day, which has been happening more often.
  • At most 2T per day.
  • kchris41
    kchris41 Posts: 38 Member
    2 to 4 tablespoons a day. Natural of course. :)
  • zukkiz
    zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
    Ever since I switched to natural, I love it even more. I never realized how tasty it was. I love having a PB&J every so often!!!