July 2012 5 lb Challenge

Options
Karebear581
Karebear581 Posts: 50 Member
Ok, so one of the things that I miss about Spark People is that there was always a running topic including your weight loss goals for each month. So I thought I would post a topic each month in which we could put down our weekly goals for the month. The minimum ideal is to lose at least 5 lbs. However, if you would like to push yourself a little more and try to achieve more than 5 lbs weight loss, you can put down your goals. However, unless you are starting out brand new, it is best to keep your weight loss goals per week to a 3lb maximum. You don't want to make changes too fast. You run the risk of gaining the weight back at 2 times the amount when you drop the weight to fast. This challenge is not meant to discourage you, but rather to help you make goals for yourself and maybe push yourself a little harder. I hope that this might help some of you with motivation. If you don't make your goals, don't worry about it. You can do the best you can this month and try again the next month. My goals for the month of July were/are -

Starting Weight Sunday, July 1, 2012: 185

Goal Weight Thursday, July 5: 184
Actual Weight Thursday, July 5: 183

Goal Weight Thursday, July 12: 183
Actual Weight Thursday, July 12: 183

Goal Weight Thursday, July 19: 182
Actual Weight Thursday, July 19: 182

Goal Weight Thursday, July 26: 181
Actual Weight Thursday, July 26:

Final Goal Weight Monday, July 31: 180
Actual Weight Monday, July 31:

Goal pounds to lose these 4 weeks: 5
Actual loss these 4 weeks:

So far I am on par with my goals. And the idea is that each week you go back to your previous post for the month and fill in the Actual Weight for that week. Since there is only 1 week left, if you haven't weighed in this week yet, you can put in just your goals for this week and your final goal for the month. I will start another post for August soon, but it's a good idea to wait until the month is over to post your goals for August, otherwise if you don't make your final goal for July, you'll be rather discouraged going into the month of August. Have fun!!

Replies

• Karebear581
    Options
    PS you do not have to use Thursday as your weigh in day. That is just the one that I chose. Feel free to use whatever day you have been using.
  • Jamienpratt
    Options
    How about adding the measurement "monthly" to your weigh in section (like where you can add in neck, waist, hips) you can manually add a measurement. You can just add your weight like the first of the month in that section. Know what I mean? Unfortunately there would be no way to go back and do your previous ones but it could start August 1st.
  • Karebear581
    Options
    Good idea Jamie. I know for some of us it is harder to lose the weight and somehow the inches seem to be coming off. I think that is a good idea. I'm not sure what the safest amount of inches to lose in a week or month is, but if someone wants to start that post and do some research so we are not all killing ourselves, I think that's a great idea. :)
  • Karebear581
    Options

Actual Weight Thursday, July 26: 181! I made it! Yay!! So happy. I was a little concerned there for a couple of days.

Actual Weight Monday, July 31:

Goal pounds to lose these 4 weeks: 5
    Actual loss these 4 weeks:
  • Karebear581
    Options

Actual Weight Thursday, July 26: 181

Actual Weight Monday, July 31: 180

Goal pounds to lose these 4 weeks: 5 lbs
    Actual loss these 4 weeks: 5 lbs

Made it to my goal. May even start off next month with 179 if everything goes as I hope for tomorrow. We'll see.