my activity level for determining TDEE

Fenestra13
Fenestra13 Posts: 30 Member
As others here have said, I'm a little scared to try try this, but feel like since I'm trying only to lose 10lb, and keep bouncing around, that this might work. My question is how to determine my activity level to use when calculating TDEE. Currently I've been doing Zumba for 55 min 1-3 times a week, Aqua Aerobics 2 times per week for 55 minutes, and Mat Pilates for 55 minutes once per week. Is this moderate? Higher than that? Would I do better if I exercise less? If I add in weight training (or substitute more Pilates),does that increase my activity level?

I am 5'10", 33, Female, started out at 180 and am now at 176. I lost 6 lbs when i started exercising as described above and use MFP's daily goal of 1500 plus eating back exercise calories on workout days, so I'm often around 1800. I went on vacation for a week and gained three pounds without eating a ton more, and am realizing now my body may have been "thinking" it wasn't getting enough food and needed to converse. In looking at TDEE- 15% for even lightly active, I should be eating over 1800 ever day, and BMR is about 1600. But if I'm going to do this, I want to be sure I am eating enough. Any advice is appreciated.

I should add I do pretty well eating lean proteins and balancing out with carbs, fat, and protein., without too much sugar, although I'm going to pay extra attention to my protein levels.

Also, will this work without adding more weights? I have been noticing increased muscle in my legs through zumba, in my arms through aqua aerobics (we "pull" water a lot), and in my core through pilates/aerobics. If it is possible to substitute weights with using my body in weight bearing ways, that'd be my preference.

Replies