Interesting: Eat more to have male babys?

AmbitionStrong
AmbitionStrong Posts: 46 Member
In my research I came across this website that was talking about our eating patterns influencing our babies' sexes.

http://genderdreaming.com/2011/09/high-everything-diet-for-ttc-blue/

Just thought it was interesting!

Replies

• meggyh20
    meggyh20 Posts: 116
    The "girl sway" recommendations are low protein, low calorie, low nutrient,low fat,etc. We are TTC soon so according to this site, we will likely be having another boy. No way am I eating like that. LOL.
  • Cilenia
    Cilenia Posts: 208 Member
    So we can only have girls of we eat an unhealthy diet?
  • mrs_dwr
    mrs_dwr Posts: 189 Member
    Hmmm, if that's how it works, how did I end up with a boy AND a girl during my last pregnancy? :tongue:
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    I didn't read the article but is this referring to what a man eats since its the sperm that determines the sex?

If I have time later I might have to read this to see what it is trying to say. I know they say when you are pregnant with a boy you can eat more supposedly but since a woman has no control over what sperm is going to reach her egg then make its way inside I don't see how this article could hold any validation.
  • meggyh20
    I didn't read the article but is this referring to what a man eats since its the sperm that determines the sex?

If I have time later I might have to read this to see what it is trying to say. I know they say when you are pregnant with a boy you can eat more supposedly but since a woman has no control over what sperm is going to reach her egg then make its way inside I don't see how this article could hold any validation.

I just want to say that I also don't put a lot of stock in what these "plan the gender of your baby" sites say. I have a lot of background in biology/anatomy/physiology and know that the sperm holds the X/Y that determines the sex. However I have also done some reading on the pH of the woman's vaginal fluid having an influence on which sperm survive. A more acidic environment favors X sperm and more basic, Y sperm. I started looking into it after one of my older patients said she had four boys and her doctor told her if she wanted a girl to change her douche (who douches anymore?) to a vinegar based douche to get
    her girl. She said it worked. I was skeptical, but there are some studies to support it. However it is dangerous and unhealthy to try to change the natural pH because it can cause yeast and other infections, so it is not recommended. I just wanted to mention it because I feel sometimes saying the man is the ONLY factor that determines gender may be a bit simplistic. Genetically, absolutely, but there are some differences between male and female sperm that may make it a bit more complicated than that.
  • TripleJ3
    I do agree that are many factors that go into making a baby.

I think I am overly sensitive on this subject because I am constantly bombarded with awful rude remarks about the fact I have 3 daughters and haven't produce a male yet. The most recent was My husband, 3 daughters and I were at the mall. and a male employee felt the need to yell across walkway about how I needed to give my Husband a boy.

While pregnant with my third daughter I worked with the public and there were never ending rude comments about what an abomination my unborn child was and how dare I bring another female into my family. I had to start telling people I wouldn't discuss my pregnancy because not only could I not keep being polite about it, my co-workers would get upset at all the constant extra ignorance we had to deal with every single day.

I just feel putting articles out there like this just adds to the old logic of its a woman's job to produce that male heir and that should be sought after and its ideal.

My Husband and I just wanted babies, we were both happy with what we were given! :love:
  • emrys1976
    emrys1976 Posts: 213 Member

I think I am overly sensitive on this subject because I am constantly bombarded with awful rude remarks about the fact I have 3 daughters and haven't produce a male yet. The most recent was My husband, 3 daughters and I were at the mall. and a male employee felt the need to yell across walkway about how I needed to give my Husband a boy.

While pregnant with my third daughter I worked with the public and there were never ending rude comments about what an abomination my unborn child was and how dare I bring another female into my family. I had to start telling people I wouldn't discuss my pregnancy because not only could I not keep being polite about it, my co-workers would get upset at all the constant extra ignorance we had to deal with every single day.

I just feel putting articles out there like this just adds to the old logic of its a woman's job to produce that male heir and that should be sought after and its ideal.

My Husband and I just wanted babies, we were both happy with what we were given! :love:

Where the heck do you live? People actually say that stuff?!?
  • zukkiz
    zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
    TJ3 - I am so sorry you had to go through all of that.

We have 6 children, our oldest is a girl and the rest are boys!! Even though I am 44 we would love one more, because are littlest is 4 years younger the next one up, we think he should have a buddy. If it happens it happens, if not we will be fine. Though by now I just figure it would be another boy.
  • AmbitionStrong
    AmbitionStrong Posts: 46 Member
    Good discussion! It is very interesting stuff. They say the lil male spermies are fast, but die off quickly, and the girl spermies are slower, but live longer, and it can depend on what day of your cycle and what position the sperm is... applied.

I did know about the ph thing.

I dont care which sex is my next baby, I just hope I can get him to WANT another soon because I want one more before its too far apart from my others. LOL.

And Im sorry to hear about the girl/boy comments. Thats just beyond rude.
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430

I have two wonderful daughters. Now adults and one i a mother of a toddler, also a female. My husband and I got lots of comments about how bad it was gonna be when the girls started their cycles, and how he is so out numbered etc. I should mention he is their step dad. He only ever wanted 2 children, just so happened I had two. lol He was estatic, he said he got to miss all the gross stuff and was just coming in when things were getting good (girls were 5 and 3) I also had to listen to comments about how unfair it is thatI never provided him with "a child of his own". Not having any more was his choice not mine. I would have loved to have had his child. He is the most beautiful person I have ever met. I would be willing to give him anything. He always figured with our income we would never be able to afford extras, and college. etc. Also he is an only child, the last of his family line. I take with others say with a grain of salt. even his parents need to come to grips. Our girls are grown, having children of their own. If they cannot accept the two wonderful grand children we share. Its their loss.

So have your babies, love and accept what you get. The rest of the world can fo.
  • meggyh20
    I can't believe people are so rude! I absolutely do not think it's a woman's job to "give" a man children of a specific gender and I really can't believe people would say such things. We just have one, the fourth of now five grandsons of my parents. The only granddaughter is adopted from China, and while we would love to have a girl too, we really would just love yo be blessed with more children. We are starting to try now so I've read some of these types of articles. I feel that many of the recommended methods for attempting gender "selection" actually decrease the chance of conceiving overall, so we'll just be having fun trying for whatever we get. :)
  • TripleJ3

Where the heck do you live? People actually say that stuff?!?

I live in Iowa! I thought it was all pretty crazy too the way people can be. I am not easily offended, especially by someone who would have the nerve to say these things but still, it always puts me on defense now.
  • TripleJ3

I have two wonderful daughters. Now adults and one i a mother of a toddler, also a female. My husband and I got lots of comments about how bad it was gonna be when the girls started their cycles, and how he is so out numbered etc. I should mention he is their step dad. He only ever wanted 2 children, just so happened I had two. lol He was estatic, he said he got to miss all the gross stuff and was just coming in when things were getting good (girls were 5 and 3) I also had to listen to comments about how unfair it is thatI never provided him with "a child of his own". Not having any more was his choice not mine. I would have loved to have had his child. He is the most beautiful person I have ever met. I would be willing to give him anything. He always figured with our income we would never be able to afford extras, and college. etc. Also he is an only child, the last of his family line. I take with others say with a grain of salt. even his parents need to come to grips. Our girls are grown, having children of their own. If they cannot accept the two wonderful grand children we share. Its their loss.

So have your babies, love and accept what you get. The rest of the world can fo.

Oh, I can only imagine what some people would assume by you two not having a baby together. Why do people feel its their business? I don't mind someone asking, its the tone and the way they ask is how you can tell they are being judgmental.
  • TripleJ3
    I can't believe people are so rude! I absolutely do not think it's a woman's job to "give" a man children of a specific gender and I really can't believe people would say such things. We just have one, the fourth of now five grandsons of my parents. The only granddaughter is adopted from China, and while we would love to have a girl too, we really would just love yo be blessed with more children. We are starting to try now so I've read some of these types of articles. I feel that many of the recommended methods for attempting gender "selection" actually decrease the chance of conceiving overall, so we'll just be having fun trying for whatever we get. :)

Exactly, theres nothing wrong with wanting one gender or the other. If I was blessed with a boy we would have loved him and been happy with a boy. If I had all boys I probably would want to try again for a girl, but its hard to say since it was always my *dream* to have sisters (I have one so I wanted my daughter to have that, I am not close to my brothers) but who knows.

I'd love to have another but things are so up in the air right now with my husbands job its scary to actually try for a baby. Sometimes I wish it would just happen to us and make the decision for us :laugh:
  • TripleJ3
    TJ3 - I am so sorry you had to go through all of that.

We have 6 children, our oldest is a girl and the rest are boys!! Even though I am 44 we would love one more, because are littlest is 4 years younger the next one up, we think he should have a buddy. If it happens it happens, if not we will be fine. Though by now I just figure it would be another boy.

Thanks, I was just amazed at the amount of people who felt it necessary to tell me that I shouldn't be having yet another girl. If it were up to me, I would probably have 6 kids, also! My husband loves babies....but not that much! And he isn't into *trying for a boy* so I can't use that to persuade him:wink: . He is like me, you try for a baby. I am sure he has thought about what if he had a boy, I mean I have thought it too but you would never get him to admit that!

I am 34 and while I don't think of it as old... it makes me think twice about having another, though. I'm not getting any younger! But I like your way of thinking and now it has me thinking..... I keep picturing my 80-yr-old self yelling, oh just do it already! Its not like you will regret it and you know you want it, quit wasting time!