First week on Primal

Options
PitBullMom_Liz
PitBullMom_Liz Posts: 339 Member
And I lost 2.8 lbs! Wow. I haven't had any carb flu - not sure if I should still expect it or if you're good to go after a week. Eating this way is a lot easier than I thought it would be!

Replies

• 3lilkids
    3lilkids Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've heard the carb flu can be up to 3 weeks, so IF it hits, don't be surprised or discouraged. If it doesn't, all the better. Good job on your first week :happy:
  • thecapaccino
    thecapaccino Posts: 138
    Options
    what is the Carc flu? new to Paleo
  • monkeydharma
    monkeydharma Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    @PitBullMom: not everyone gets it. It depends on how you were eating before you started paleo/primal, and how resistant your body is to the change. Neither my wife nor I had it, but we were already following a 'South Beach' style diet so we were half way there already. People living on twinkies and fritos can have a harder time of it.

@Thecapaaccino: people starting on paleo/primal diets can having a variety of reactions during the few couple of weeks as they eliminated grains and sugars from their diet and switch over to burning fat instead of glucose for fuel. Since these reactions can generally feel like you're coming down with the flu, it picked up the name 'Carb Flu' in our community. Not everyone gets it, and the symptoms usually subside after a couple of days.
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! I got it baaaad when I did Atkins the first time a few years ago. If you were already eating lower carb stuff you may not get it all all (I didn't get it transitioning to paleo). So Yay for skipping past the miserableness
    :-)