Bone Broth = High Nutrition

Options
With these long days and hot summer hydration has been my focus. So to help with hydration I am making bone broth. Bone broth was a staple 50 years ago and still is around the world, but a lot of us has lost the knowledge of how good it is for us.

I hv chg'd from a veg soup to the bone broth for myself. I break my fast w a glass of water, date and bone broth and more water, then go pray. Because of all the good clear liquids I felt good and light and the fullness was gone by the time for our main meal. I think this plan will work out well for me.

I encourage everyone to google the benefits of bone broth/soup and I am sure you will be reminded just I was that we as children ate bone broth which for me was called stew or pot roast..you may of called it saluna, bacha or any other slow cooking meant/bone dish.

Note, the key to bone broth is to cook over low heat & simmer it for 12-72 hours, so all the benefits are released from deep with in the bones. It we do it fast or a rolling boil we lose all the benefits of a slow simmered broth. The true test to see if you made a truely beneficial bone soup is if it gels when in fridge, you did it right! If it doesn't gel much you may need to cook longer or you had too much water. If you find your batch didn't gel you can put it back on the stove. Many people do this anyway for safety reason of not leaving on while away from house or sleeping.

Btw if you are interested, start collecting your bones from now. Collect your used cook bones or fresh ones. Collect a bag for fish, chicken, meat, lamb or what ever...personally I am not crazy about fish but. Hi ken and fish are the easiest and quickest to make into bone broth

I can share my recipe if anyone is interested :)

below is just a random link, there are a ton of links out there...
http://www.doctorauer.com/benefits-of-bone-broth/

Replies

• heniko
    heniko Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Esalaamu aleikoum thanks for sharing this it's really true machallah! Happy Ramadan to you Kim!