Kerrygold Butter

Options
PitBullMom_Liz
PitBullMom_Liz Posts: 339 Member
Seems as though it's the butter of choice - why is that? Also, do you use it for everything you put butter in/on, or just a few select things? I'm going through butter relatively quickly and the thought of spending that much on butter makes me a bit queasy. Is it really worth it?

Replies

• spirit80
    spirit80 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    It is a little more expensive but worth it. Much more creamy and natural. Get the unsalted and try it. When it goes on sale load up on it.
  • Cerebrus189
    Cerebrus189 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I can't find Kerrygold butter, so I use a grass fed, pastured butter from Woodstock Farms that I purchase at Sunflower Market.
  • Cerebrus189
    Cerebrus189 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I can't find Kerrygold butter, so I use a grass fed, pastured butter from Woodstock Farms that I purchase at Sunflower Market. It's about $5 for a 4-stick pack and so worth it. It tastes delicious. I don't think the brand matters so much as the quality of the butter. It should be pastured, grass fed, organic, etc. It's going to be more expensive but it's a lot richer and better for you overall.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    It's butter from grass-fed, pastured cows. Grocery store has it for $5/stick (which is a half pound). Saw it once at WF for $4/stick. Fortunately, someone told me that TJ carries it...every day price, $3/stick.

And yes, you use it just like you use regular butter...and it tastes noticeably better to me.
  • PitBullMom_Liz
    PitBullMom_Liz Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback!
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Cerebrus189,

You can get Kerrygold at Whole Foods.
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I love that for once, the paleo food of choice is cheaper in the UK!

I love that stuff, the garlic kerry gold is freaking amazing. I use it sparingly though.

I think we get a wider choice of grass fed meat too, or at least it's more accessible as that's the majority of our meat. If you get British Beef over there it's likely grass fed as thats the norm in the summer months at least.