Primal Parents?

Options
Hherman20
Hherman20 Posts: 4 Member
Hello!

Just a little introduction.

My hubby and I "converted" to the primal diet about a year and a half ago. My primary goal was not weight loss most of that time since I got pregnant shortly after but I didn't need to worry about it because most of the baby weight came off almost right away! But my baby is now 8 and a half months and I'd like to attack those last 5-10 vanity pounds. So I'm using MFP to not only track my foods but watch my carb and calorie numbers.

I'm breastfeeding baby girl around 3 times a day as she is eating more and more solid foods so I'm working on how many calories I need to cover that extra burn. And I'm also working on that non-primal meal on the weekend. Since joining MFP three weeks ago, I've lost 1-3 lbs per week, only to gain them back every weekend! I'm seeing, for me, it's not just the number of calories but where those calories are coming from that matter.

I'd love to have some more Primal friends on here, especially Primal/Paleo parents. Feel free to add me :)

Hannah

Replies

• beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm a Paleo mum :) My son is a Paleo son too :)
  • IselaCB
    IselaCB Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have two little ones, 5 and (almost) 3. Went "primal" about 6 months ago with no loss to my milk supply, even after losing 20 pounds. She has now weaned, so I'm having to step it up a little. HEY! I just realized, maybe that's why these 5 pounds snuck up on me...it would totally make sense timing wise. Duh...I can't believe it took typing this out to realize this.
    Anyway, I'm hoping to lose 5-10 pounds right now. Most meals at home are primal/paleo. Sometimes I'll make rice or burritos for the kids with what we eat. My daughter is also a natural vegan it seems, so she often lives off of beans. I'm fine with it, just as long as the crappy snacks and white sugar bread stays out of the house.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    my kids are 10 and 11, i think they would murder me if i took away their junk food!

i did make a low carb pizza and my oldest son said it was 'better than regular!' so that is win.