Gaining Weight

CamyLoo
CamyLoo Posts: 39 Member
I don't know if anyone here has a answer for me on this or not but I thought I would try because everyone is so helpful in this group. My son has HIV and his doctor just told him that he needs to gain weight. Can he use the same concept as we are using here except to maybe ADD a percentage to his TDEE instead of eating a percentage under? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    sure, here's the Scooby site to enter his stats (choose gain muscle):

http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

if the amount of food seems to much for him to eat, try to have him increase by 50-100 calories a week.

:smile:
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Also, if he can not handle big amounts of food, let him have calorie dens food, like nuts, peanut-, almond butter, full fat yoghurt and milk, as well as cheeses. Also, you can make him calorie dense smoothies using whole milk, bananas, almond butter etc.

I hope that helps
  • emrys1976
    emrys1976 Posts: 213 Member
    A great way to healthfully add calories is to add coconut oil to whatever you can (eggs, hot tea, stir-fry, brownies, etc...). I've heard that it has been really helpful for people with HIV and cancer.
  • CamyLoo
    CamyLoo Posts: 39 Member
    A great way to healthfully add calories is to add coconut oil to whatever you can (eggs, hot tea, stir-fry, brownies, etc...). I've heard that it has been really helpful for people with HIV and cancer.

Yes I know how great coconut oil is. I've been telling him to eat it.

Thank you everyone for your help. It is greatly appreciated.