Quick question on Hypothyroidism

Options
I have struggled with hypothyroidism for over a year now, I ran out of meds for nearly 2 months. I finally made it to the doctor and she did blood work, to see what what was going on with my TSH levels. They came back normal, after being told by 2 different doctors that I would be on medication for the rest of my life. So its not I'm complaining I'm just wondering whats going on.

Anyone have some insight?

Replies

• shvits
    shvits Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Possibly a lab error. I was hypo then became hyper and now after surgery with 1/2 removed am again hypo. This is an ongoing thing with the thyroid. If you have nodules that produce and then stop and then start again that could be the problem or???
  • tashdownunder
    Options
    Yes things can really fluctuate, esp with hashimoto's if tgat's what u have. Your levels may be normal for a while, and then go hypo again, or even hyper for a while. But I hope you're lucky and you pr levels stay normal with no mess - it's not out of the question!
  • tashdownunder
    Options
    Not no mess ... No meds! Damn you auto correct.
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I think that's great news! Have you changed your diet or exercise in the last few months? I truly believe exercise and monitoring what I eat affects my bloodwork.
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add that a friend of mine was diagnosed with hypo. She stopped taking the meds and went back to doctor and had a normal bloodwork range. They told her it was because of the fertility treatments she did the year before. Just something to think about.
  • hastyhen
    hastyhen Posts: 2
    Options
    I have hypo too. I was put on meds...very low dose of synthroid. Was on it for a year and started having symptoms again. My TSH came back as normal which I didn't understand because I wasn't feeling as well. I asked my doctor if it was the low range of normal or high range? I think I was on the low range of normal because he bumped up my meds a little and it has made a difference. Maybe you should ask about that? It may make a difference.