I'm new...kind of

Options
splashangel
splashangel Posts: 494 Member
Hey. I am 8 lbs from my goal weight and I want to get serious with the weights. I have a pretty decent home gym I guess. I need a friend who knows their way around. I am soon 45 and have been working out but not really with any direction.
Thanks, Angel

Replies

• ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Hey. I am 8 lbs from my goal weight and I want to get serious with the weights. I have a pretty decent home gym I guess. I need a friend who knows their way around. I am soon 45 and have been working out but not really with any direction.
    Thanks, Angel

If this is your first time weight lifting then you want to get yourself acquainted with the anatomy of your body. There are exercises that target more than one muscle group, and there are exercises that target a specific muscle group. After getting to know the anatomy of your body it is important to find out what exercises you can use to work those body parts. Some people lift weights 3 times a week, and other lift weights 4 times a week. It is important to get adequate rest in between workouts and that is the reason why people lift in average in between those days. Usually the muscles that are heaviest heal slower than your smaller muscles. Some people work out 1 big muscle group, and a small muscle group during the session when they first start. As your workouts get more advance you will know what works best for you.

Look at this website for me please!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/

Beginner Workout

4 day split (rough draft something i created quick as an example)

1. Chest/ Tricep 3 sets 8 reps x 2 exercises for each body part

2. Quads/ Calves 3 sets 8 reps x 2 exercises for each body part

3. back/ bicep 3 sets 8 reps x 2 exercises for each body part

4. shoulders hamstrings 3 sets 8 reps x 2 exercises for each body part.

This pretty much stats you at 12 sets per workout session. You can always tone this down.
  • splashangel
    splashangel Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Thanks. That makes sense about knowing my body. Thanks for the link, I did go look. Lots of excercises. Plenty to choose from that I can do in my home gym. I am seeing new muscle in places that I truely did not know you could have muscle. And that's with my all over the place lifting.:blushing: I will use the work out that you laid out for me. Again, thanks.
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Thanks. That makes sense about knowing my body. Thanks for the link, I did go look. Lots of excercises. Plenty to choose from that I can do in my home gym. I am seeing new muscle in places that I truely did not know you could have muscle. And that's with my all over the place lifting.:blushing: I will use the work out that you laid out for me. Again, thanks.

A very important aspect of weight lifting is knowing your body when it needs rest. Soreness is the very first indicator that you have when body part that needs rest for example. This soreness will continue for days usually when you first start lifting but it feels good. Know your limits, and understand that weight lifting should always involve a lot of stimulation. Meaning that everything you pump you must make sure that your muscle is contracting and feel blood rushing through them. If you are doing a crazy amount of sets then we have a problem lol.