I've deleted OKC and POF

Options
2»

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I finally did it! I shut down POF and Match... waste of time and money. I don't believe it's the right way to meet someone (for me). Men do not give women like me a chance online. It's just the reality I needed to face. While I'm a little hurt by reality, I am SO glad to be done with it. The freaks can find someone else to harass!!

yeah, online dating has turned into a freak show. It's the playground of the scumbag, freak, liar and superficialado!!! I think it's had its day. And to think, 10 years ago it was almost taboo!! You'll meet someone far more suitable by putting yourself out there IRL :flowerforyou:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    And YaY!! Congrats OP :flowerforyou:
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    the only guy I ever dated from NOKC (NOT OK Cupid) turned out to be gay.... Who did he think he was fooling??? Very sweet, very cute, very WEIRD. I de-activated when I realized the only guys I found attractive were either posting fake photos of themselves (The Adventurers with AMAZING EXCITING LIES 0oops - Lives) OR they were in diapers when I was getting my Honours Degree from University.... Nope. Not for me.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I finally did it! I shut down POF and Match... waste of time and money. I don't believe it's the right way to meet someone (for me). Men do not give women like me a chance online. It's just the reality I needed to face. While I'm a little hurt by reality, I am SO glad to be done with it. The freaks can find someone else to harass!!

Some night we need to hit up Uptown or NC Music Factory together.
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options

You're a better woman for it! Online dating has been somewhat disappointing to myself and most of my friends as well. Sure, you can get the occasional hook-up or whatnot, but I don't think it's the best place to find a life partner.